Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9N7SZ Nepal  (Read 921 times)
W6GX

Ignore
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:53:29 PM »

I worked him this morning on 20m for an ATNO. This is the first time I've heard a 9N since I got my tower in Jan 2012. Last year I worked a slim Huh  I wasn't expecting to work a 9N since there were no announcements regarding any activations. So I was glad to get him. He has been very active on 17m and 20m. I don't know how long he will stay QRV. If you need 9N this a good opportunity. If you don't need it please reply with a yawn Cheesy

I heard there was a big activation back in 2011. I was QRT at the time. I don't know what else I missed Huh

Jonathan W6GX
K6UJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 04:11:27 PM »

Congrats Jonathan !
I managed to work 9N a couple of years ago.  Very seldom hear one.
Have you worked 8Q7KP in the Maldives yet ?
I finally worked them yesterday for ATNO. 

Bob
K6UJ

AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 04:12:44 PM »

Congrats on the catch!

Thanks, but...... YA Cheesy WN.

9N7MD........... worked with my inferior wire vertical  Shocked .

73, Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:16:16 PM by AF3Y » Logged
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 04:27:58 PM »

Congrats Jonathan !
I managed to work 9N a couple of years ago.  Very seldom hear one.
Have you worked 8Q7KP in the Maldives yet ?
I finally worked them yesterday for ATNO. 

Bob
K6UJ

Thanks Bob. I did work another 8Q holiday operation earlier this year.  So 8Q7KP was a big yawn for me. Just kidding Grin.  I did work Krish for a new band on 15m.

Congrats on the new one.  I assume you are in California and if so 8Q is not easy from anywhere on the West Coast. I'm in CO and the beam heading to 8Q is 2 degrees.

Jonathan W6GX
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 04:34:36 PM »

Congrats on the catch!

73, Gene AF3Y

LOL.

Btw, I did work Iran recently via a sked. Feel free to bash me. However I will give you a big yawn the next time you mention Iran on this forum.

Jonathan W6GX
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 07:19:08 PM »

Congrats on the catch!

73, Gene AF3Y

LOL.

Btw, I did work Iran recently via a sked. Feel free to bash me. However I will give you a big yawn the next time you mention Iran on this forum.

Jonathan W6GX

Yes sir....... that really is somewhat of an enigma as to why I cant work Iran and/or Pakistan. I have worked entities ALL AROUND them. One reason is I have never heard them on SSB when they were not covered up with QRM and not loud either. With my dislike of phone, they have to be loud and working split, or I usually wont even try. I have somewhat of a tone deafness type of hearing loss, which does not bother me at all on CW.  I  dont work RTTY either.  I dont think there is but one of those guys working any CW. I forget which country.....  Maybe someday hi hi
73, Gene AF3Y
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 08:41:08 PM »

Congrats on the catch!

73, Gene AF3Y

LOL.

Jonathan W6GX

Yes sir....... that really is somewhat of an enigma as to why I cant work Iran and/or Pakistan. I have worked entities ALL AROUND them. One reason is I have never heard them on SSB when they were not covered up with QRM and not loud either. With my dislike of phone, they have to be loud and working split, or I usually wont even try. I have somewhat of a tone deafness type of hearing loss, which does not bother me at all on CW.  I  dont work RTTY either.  I dont think there is but one of those guys working any CW. I forget which country.....  Maybe someday hi hi
73, Gene AF3Y

I feel the opposite way on Azerbaijan.  Only CW ops and now SSB operation.  On one contact I made with Azerbaijan the DX op wanted to rag chew with me on CW Cheesy  I quickly said bye and 73 Cheesy  Looking on the bright side my CW could only get better from now on.

Jonathan W6GX
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 07:55:27 AM »

9N isn't really ultra rare but they are challenging. Last one I worked was 9N7DX (Dov, 4Z4DX).

They are surrounded by mountains and they also have daily, long power cuts due to electricity rationing. I think as much as 18 hours a day.

If I were doing a DXpedition there I'd see if I could bring solar panels and batteries.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 08:37:28 AM »

73, Gene AF3Y

My one Pakistan QSL is on RTTY but I've seen him spotted on CW too: AP2IA. He uploads to LOTW real fast too :-).

Oh, that was a glorious morning, last fall, I worked Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Georgia all within minutes of each other on 10M and 12M. I just love to brag about that. That was so much fun!

Tim N3QE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: