Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pukapuka!  (Read 1442 times)
WX2S

Ignore
« on: April 30, 2013, 04:40:31 PM »

FO/KH0PR QRV on 17 tonight.

- WX2S

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 05:45:37 PM »

I didn't know what you are referring to until I saw it on the cluster.  I worked him on RTTY on a clear frequency above all the callers Cheesy  I'm not an IOTA chaser but the island name and 'atoll' sounds very rare for an IOTA Cheesy

Jonathan W6GX
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 06:24:23 PM »

In Hawaiian Pukapuka means 2 holes Puka= hole like hole in the ground. Thats a funny name for a Island  Grin
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 06:46:56 PM »

There may be a mistake somewhere. We have our choice of Pukapuka, in the Cook Islands, or Puka-Puka, in French Polynesia. The QRZ entry for FO/KH0PR says "Pukapuka Island/French Polynesia."  Huh

73, - Steve WX2S.
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 07:00:58 PM »

There may be a mistake somewhere. We have our choice of Pukapuka, in the Cook Islands, or Puka-Puka, in French Polynesia. The QRZ entry for FO/KH0PR says "Pukapuka Island/French Polynesia."  Huh

Since E51 is the prefix for the Cook Islands it has to be Puka-Puka since FO prefix is for French Polyneisa.
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:32:56 AM »

In Hawaiian Pukapuka means 2 holes Puka= hole like hole in the ground. Thats a funny name for a Island  Grin

Maybe the early inhabitants were excited when they upgraded their outhouse.  Smiley
K0AP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 12:12:34 PM »

I didn't know what you are referring to until I saw it on the cluster.  I worked him on RTTY on a clear frequency above all the callers Cheesy  I'm not an IOTA chaser but the island name and 'atoll' sounds very rare for an IOTA Cheesy

Jonathan W6GX

Pukapuka Atoll IOTA OC-062 is a very rare island therefore this operation is a real treat for us, the IOTA chasers. You should become one Jonathan, you are missing alot.

73 Dragan K0AP
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 09:21:07 AM »

I didn't know what you are referring to until I saw it on the cluster.  I worked him on RTTY on a clear frequency above all the callers Cheesy  I'm not an IOTA chaser but the island name and 'atoll' sounds very rare for an IOTA Cheesy

Jonathan W6GX

Pukapuka Atoll IOTA OC-062 is a very rare island therefore this operation is a real treat for us, the IOTA chasers. You should become one Jonathan, you are missing alot.
OK, that's Pukapuka, but what about Puka-puka?  Grin

73, -WX2S
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:24:41 AM by WX2S » Logged

73, - Steve WX2S.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 10:44:54 AM »

OK, that's Pukapuka, but what about Puka-puka?  Grin

That's the noise my old Epson printer made when it was cleaning its print head.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: