About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VU7KV  (Read 12251 times)
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2013, 10:23:40 PM »

I think it's a bad habit and that's it from me on this subject.

R.  Point taken.

Jonathan W6GX

Thank You.

Chris
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2013, 06:56:59 AM »

After 3 days of can't hear him, barely hear him, hear him good but can't get through, I finally managed a qso on 20m LP this morning for ATNO #318.

His qrz info states today will be "ATNO and NA focus in the evening", so I'm one and done.

Thanks Krish for the new one, and good luck to those still  needing a qso.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2013, 07:19:38 AM »

After 3 days of can't hear him, barely hear him, hear him good but can't get through, I finally managed a qso on 20m LP this morning for ATNO #318.

His qrz info states today will be "ATNO and NA focus in the evening", so I'm one and done.

Thanks Krish for the new one, and good luck to those still  needing a qso.

That's fantastic Tom. Congrats on #318. Persistance paid off. And what a true DXer Krish is. GL to all.

Jonathan W6GX
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2013, 07:32:05 AM »

Thanks Krish for the new one, and good luck to those still  needing a qso.

LUCKY DOG !!!

I'm still in the "haven't" heard him yet category.
But I will keep a listenin.
I search his call on DXSummit about once every 1/2 hour, "just in case"
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2013, 07:34:51 AM »

I'm retired.
I would go NUTZ without the radio.

Unless I am snoozing with the terrier, I can usually be found in my chair
trolling the bands.

TV SUCKS, I don't have the patience to read any longer,
we only have one auto, so I am stuck at home when da woman
is working (which seems like CONSTANTLY), nothing else to DO except play radio.

It was nice to get your call in the NE QSO Party.  You had a nice signal for such a short path on 20 meters.  Thanks for the points.

Chris/NU1O

Good to hear you too.
I was surprized when I recognized the call.
Good hunting in the rest of the NEQP !

Powerline RFI is bustin my chops this morning, so I doubt
it will be a decent day here.
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2013, 07:44:26 AM »

Nice to hear him this morning on 20M coming thru on LP. I worked him, but so far, not in the on-line log. He has been only a faint weak signal ever since he arrived there.

Hopefully, I will show up eventually! Anyway, it was exciting just to hear him from there!

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2013, 12:39:08 PM »

....... I worked him, but so far, not in the on-line log. ....

I just showed up in his log on his qrz.com page! I am a Happy Ham now!

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2013, 04:26:24 AM »

Hi folks,
 I hope you all had fun. I am here at the Kochi airport on my way home. Just tired. I fell sick
 and had to go to the local hospital. I think it was the first night stay in a house with out
 A/C and it was hot and humid. The coughing came in the way of working the bands.
 Feel a bit better now, but tired. Had been a long time since
 i have had enough sleep right from starting the 8Q7 operation on Apr 23rd. It has been like
 about 2 hours of sleep atmost.

I apologize for missing a nice 12m opening to NA LP yesterday. The locals just barge into the
 room or ring the door bell. I had to meet and talk to them, and the amount of time is
 unpredictable. They were all very helpful and i did not want to come off as not paying
 attention to their presence. Hence had to take the breaks.

The pileups were crazy. No one listens these days. Everyone in EU is after bandfill. I tell them
 i am looking to ATNO callers, but still the strong bandfill callers parade.

A solo operation ain't gonna put a dent on world demand, but it could potentially put the
 deserving ones a bit closer. Since the amount of time left was short after spending it all in
 8Q7, i decided to hussle and make the VU7 trip. Even 3 days of on the air is something rather
than nothing.

Heck, i wish someone with QRO will activate it, since even i need VU7 for an ATNO.

I have several emails about log check/corrections for both 8Q and VU7. I will tend to them after
i have had a good nights sleep.

Btw, the vertical when placed right inside the water kicks bu*t. When placed say 20ft inland
from the waterline, the effect was not as good as right in the water. The hex did well too.

73s
krish
w4vku

AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2013, 05:07:33 AM »

Thanks Krish!!!  You and Pai did a terrific job over there.  I bet going solo was a nightmare with the massive pileups.  Had a blast!!

73 Randy
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2013, 05:16:03 AM »

BTW I forgot but I hope you're recovery is quick from your illness!!

Randy
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2013, 05:20:16 AM »

Krish,

A very big thank you to you and Pai. 8Q and VU7 were both ATNOs for me. I was especially pleased to work you on both phone and RTTY from VU7. One on each mode was more than enough.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

73 Jack
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2013, 05:27:50 AM »

A great effort Krish! Many of us have never heard a ham from VU7, much less worked them. The 20M LP QSO made it for me, as I heard a faint whisper on a few of the other bands, but 20M was the winner from Texas. The opening was only for 30 minutes or less!

Thanks from all of us hams and I am sure we all appreciate your effort, having worked you or not!

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2013, 06:40:12 AM »

REST up, Krish......  Congrats to you and Pai, for a job well done. I am sure it was quite an experience that you wont forget.
Hope you will be feeling better soon.
I worked you for a bandfill, while thinking it was an ATNO, as I had VU7NRO confirmed from years ago.  (A senior moment here Embarrassed) Maybe you could activate VU4 someday soon.  AGAIN, THANKS!!

73, Gene AF3Y
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2013, 06:41:58 AM »

Hi folks,
 I hope you all had fun. I am here at the Kochi airport on my way home. Just tired. I fell sick
 and had to go to the local hospital. I think it was the first night stay in a house with out
 A/C and it was hot and humid. The coughing came in the way of working the bands.
 Feel a bit better now, but tired. Had been a long time since
 i have had enough sleep right from starting the 8Q7 operation on Apr 23rd. It has been like
 about 2 hours of sleep atmost.

I apologize for missing a nice 12m opening to NA LP yesterday. The locals just barge into the
 room or ring the door bell. I had to meet and talk to them, and the amount of time is
 unpredictable. They were all very helpful and i did not want to come off as not paying
 attention to their presence. Hence had to take the breaks.

The pileups were crazy. No one listens these days. Everyone in EU is after bandfill. I tell them
 i am looking to ATNO callers, but still the strong bandfill callers parade.

A solo operation ain't gonna put a dent on world demand, but it could potentially put the
 deserving ones a bit closer. Since the amount of time left was short after spending it all in
 8Q7, i decided to hussle and make the VU7 trip. Even 3 days of on the air is something rather
than nothing.

Heck, i wish someone with QRO will activate it, since even i need VU7 for an ATNO.

I have several emails about log check/corrections for both 8Q and VU7. I will tend to them after
i have had a good nights sleep.

Btw, the vertical when placed right inside the water kicks bu*t. When placed say 20ft inland
from the waterline, the effect was not as good as right in the water. The hex did well too.

73s
krish
w4vku

I greatly respect your attitude and sense of DX-elan Krish.  Safe trip home and hope feeling better.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2013, 08:00:47 AM »

Hi Krish, Thanks for the two Qs. You had excellent signals here (real 5x9, the first 5-10dB over) so you were definitely doing something right Smiley Travel safe and get some rest!

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: