and VU7

http://www.mediafire.com/?rh2wgrinwz8ihfy

http://www.mediafire.com/?59pf0w21zo02sd3

73 Mark N1UK

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »

Nice recordings Mark.
I am curious about one thing, they sound like they are spliced together from a broader recording. I hear what sounds like splice marks and then some of the responses seem out of sequence.  Did you use a Flex?  If so is that recording made from a wide section of bandwidth and you can then go in a copy the parts you want into a separate file?
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2013, 09:08:16 AM »

The recordings were made on my TS930S. What you can hear is me pushing the T-F Set Button so that we can hear both sides of the split frequency operation. I don't have Dual Watch here. I did my best to try and get both sides of the QSO's. The recording is real time..if the responses are out of sequence then that may be other stations just calling out of turn. It is all real time recording which jumps between either Krish's tx or rx frequency.

I recorded this as a wav file with SoundForge then normalised it, to increase the recording level, and made an mp3 with Cool Edit Pro.

73 Mark N1UK
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2013, 11:42:43 AM »

Hi Krish,

Thank you very much for your efforts on activating two much-needed entities.  You have demonstrated true DX'ing spirits and all of us are very grateful for that.

Someone else here mentioned about VU4.  I have never heard VU4 on the air.  I looked it up on clublog.org and I see it having an eerily resemblance to VU7 in terms of rarity Smiley  I hope one day to hear your voice again from VU4 Smiley

Get some well-deserved rest and be ready for the QSL pile up Grin

Rank   Prefix   Entity Name   % Users
50.   VU4   ANDAMAN & NICOBAR ISLANDS   62.20
51.   VU7   LAKSHADWEEP ISLANDS   62.02

Jonathan W6GX
KE4YOG

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2013, 11:57:49 AM »

Krish, thank you! I was able to get 8Q7 after several days but I got VU7 with just 2 calls on 17! Thank you for your time and effort. We appreciate it!
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2013, 12:11:22 PM »

Someone else here mentioned about VU4.  I have never heard VU4 on the air.  I looked it up on clublog.org and I see it having an eerily resemblance to VU7 in terms of rarity Smiley  I hope one day to hear your voice again from VU4 Smiley

I thought that VU4 was activated a lot more than VU7. I think it's easier to get a permit to go there.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2013, 12:27:22 PM »

I thought that VU4 was activated a lot more than VU7. I think it's easier to get a permit to go there.

I thought it was the other way around....... Huh
Gene AF3Y
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2013, 01:38:14 PM »

Krish operated as part of the VU4PB operation in March 2011

Mark N1UK
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2013, 04:02:31 PM »

Krish operated as part of the VU4PB operation in March 2011

Mark N1UK

ARGH !

VU4PB.....I ended up getting SLIM on that one.
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »

I worked the BS7H slim..he was way too strong but I worked him anyway.

Mark N1UK
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2013, 09:19:23 AM »

Thank you Mark for the recording. Thank you everyone for the kind words. Will get the QSL
card printed out soon. I am already seeing the OQRS storm for 8Q7 and the VU7 storm is
not far behind.

Btw, i still cannot believe that i was able to get to VU7. The last night at 8Q7, Pai and i were
at dinner. Pai said that i looked like i was pissed. I answered that Pissed is an understatement.
 The
travel agency that was handling the trip was paid in full a good 9 days prior and on the second last day prior to the trip, they tell me
that there is no vacancy in the hotel and they cannot put me on the island that i was holding
the license for, so no entry permit to visit. Instead, they were talking about putting me on another island. I had every
reason to be pissed because i was promised hunky-dory for almost a good 3 weeks prior.
To add, i was told by my other sources that the agency did not reach out to make a hotel booking in time. The money
involved was large that they held on to it to pocket the interest, resulting in an opportunity
cost.At
any rate, there were some good sensible people on the island that i knew, who pulled it all
together for me. They made the trip a lot easier or would have been painful. Esp lifting the
lugguage from the ship to a tender that was rocking around in the rough seas. I was worried
that they would drop that carton with the amp into the sea.Ouch!!
   Well, the best thing one can do is just try and give a best short towards a positive outcome
and along the way, take care of the people that made it happen.

VU4, i hear that there is a team of veteran VU hams planning something later this year.
I would like some bandfills, if i can work them.

The government is a bit sensitive about any radio in VU7 and VU4. Both are sensitive locations.
In todays world of cellphones and satellite phones, i think it is unfounded, but i cannot
expect old ways to change fast enough and one can only try to find a way through the maze
to make things happen.

73s
krish
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2013, 10:16:10 AM »

Krish, I greatly admire your Hamspirit and your efforts to satisfy the DX Community. Thank you for the ATNO from VU7.  You can be very proud of what you have accomplished!

Paul N6PSE
K7CO

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2013, 11:06:14 AM »

Krish
Your efforts are greatly appreciated. You sounded very tired just before I worked you, thanks for staying on just a bit longer when your body wanted to quit.
All time new one for me. 
Jon
k7co
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2013, 12:58:17 PM »

Thank you Jon/Paul et all,
  i feel sorry for those Rtty Dxers that worked me, while i fell asleep during the Qso. I had
  at times dozed off prior to pushing the F3 key to close the last of the handshake. I would
  wake up in a bit, only to notice that the screen has several repeat messages from the
 poor ham and i did close the Qso then.

73s
krish
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2013, 01:11:53 PM »

The government is a bit sensitive about any radio in VU7 and VU4. Both are sensitive locations.
In todays world of cellphones and satellite phones, i think it is unfounded, but i cannot
expect old ways to change fast enough and one can only try to find a way through the maze
to make things happen.

I'm curious--what is the reason for the sensitivity?

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: