Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So who here's going to Dayton?  (Read 5328 times)
W2IRT

Ignore
« on: May 02, 2013, 09:12:31 PM »

I'm booked into the Crowne Plaza for 3 nights, will be at the DX banquet and the contest banquet.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 09:34:47 PM »

I'm stuck at home.

Have fun !
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:08:51 PM »

I'll be at Dayton, along with K3LP, WD5COV and RA9USU of the 7O6T team.

Peter, lets continue with out chat in the chairs by the elevator that never arrives at the Crown Plaza.  See you guys at the DX Forum, DX and Contest dinners.

Paul N6PSE
Www.Intrepid-DX.com
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 09:12:55 AM »

Peter, lets continue with out chat in the chairs by the elevator that never arrives at the Crown Plaza.  See you guys at the DX Forum, DX and Contest dinners.

Sounds like a plan Smiley
Our club used to run the hospitality suite on the 11th floor but we stopped doing it 2 years ago. I'm hoping to revive the tradition next year.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 09:18:55 AM »

I am 50/50. I don't live very far away so it's a easy drive there and back. However since I am still recovering from knee surgery I am not sure whether I can make the walk or not. Only time will tell.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 09:41:46 AM »

I am 50/50. I don't live very far away so it's a easy drive there and back. However since I am still recovering from knee surgery I am not sure whether I can make the walk or not. Only time will tell.

You can always rent a HamAbout scooter (assuming there are any left for legitimately disabled folks, after the lazy 450 pound shack-on-a-belters haven't claimed them all cuz they just don't feel like walking).

Honestly, I just go for the banquets and socializing at this point, plus to get a few consumables (connectors, rope, pulleys, etc) from the vendors. This year I'll also spend a couple of hours checking cards at the League table in the Ballarena.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 10:34:49 AM »

You can always rent a HamAbout scooter (assuming there are any left for legitimately disabled folks, after the lazy 450 pound shack-on-a-belters haven't claimed them all cuz they just don't feel like walking).

Honestly, I just go for the banquets and socializing at this point, plus to get a few consumables (connectors, rope, pulleys, etc) from the vendors. This year I'll also spend a couple of hours checking cards at the League table in the Ballarena.

That is what my dad told me I should do.  It wouldn't be the end of the world, I am sure I would never hear the end of it from him though... and I am sure a photoshopped photo of me on the thing would show up eventually.  It would be weird being 6'6" 270lbs and 31 years old running a hamabout... I don't even own a working HT.

In all seriousness, I need nothing from Dayton.  I always buy a jumper or two just in case.  I have never been to a banquet, but I am sure by then I would be so tired it wouldn't be enjoyable. But the I honestly would love to make an eyeball QSO with you Pete and maybe a few other people. 

Since after a month of recovering from two knee surgeries has kept me from working I can't imagine a repeat of last year... I went looking for nothing, but came home with an Alpha 76a.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
V47JA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 10:52:07 AM »

Hi,

See you soon at Dayton Hamvention and Contest University.

John  W5JON  -  V47JA
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »

I'm stuck at home.

Have fun !

That may not be a bad thing!  When a rare one comes on the air you and I will enjoy ham radio without the big guns getting in our way:D

Jonathan W6GX
KE8G

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 11:01:16 AM »

Paul N6PSE
Www.Intrepid-DX.com

Hi Paul,
Sorry I am going to miss you.  Currently, I am in Texas, as the new house was finally completed!  Now that I am retired, I would like to have talked with you regarding our past emails and upcoming DXpeditions.

Please make sure you and all the rest of you DXers that frequent this Forum, stop at the my club's, NODXA (Northern Ohio DX Association) hospitality room.  There's normally a big group of DXers, and we serve munchies and beverages.

73 de Jim - KE8G
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 11:01:50 AM »

I haven't gone since 2009, but it's a bit late for me to go now. Maybe next year.

Honestly I'd rather spend the cash on the hotel room, gas and/or airfare on other stuff... It's getting expensive to go for sure.
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 11:06:57 AM »

I have never been but I am saving up and who knows by the time I am 65 I might be able to make it. I really want to go but when your a working man it is hard after paying taxes.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 11:08:38 AM »

I have never been but I am saving up and who knows by the time I am 65 I might be able to make it. I really want to go but when your a working man it is hard after paying taxes.

Ain't that the truth.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 12:17:15 PM »

I haven't gone since 2009, but it's a bit late for me to go now. Maybe next year.

Honestly I'd rather spend the cash on the hotel room, gas and/or airfare on other stuff... It's getting expensive to go for sure.

Ryan, I will email you about something that I'm proposing for next year in this regard. Hint: Dolittle

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 01:39:31 PM »

I'll be in Dayton this year with my son, AA0BP.  No flea market spot this year. We'll be concentrating on the QRPARCI activities (and we'll be attending the FDIM banquet).  Peter, I'll look for you at the ARRL DXCC exhibit.
Chuck  NI0C
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: