Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So who here's going to Dayton?  (Read 5533 times)
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 02:50:28 PM »

I will be attending Dayton for the first time. I'll mostly be in the DXLab booth (EH0539), except Sunday morning at 9 am when I'll be presenting "DXing with DXLab".

Dave, AA6YQ
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 03:11:01 PM »

The best part of Dayton is meeting people you've worked and heard on the air.  I met Peter there a few years back when he stopped at our flea market space.  I'll certainly look for Dave at the DXLab booth.   
Chuck  NI0C
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 03:22:09 PM »

I will be attending Dayton for the first time. I'll mostly be in the DXLab booth (EH0539), except Sunday morning at 9 am when I'll be presenting "DXing with DXLab".

Look forward to finally meeting you and seeing your presentation. I'm intrigued at the notion of using the spot database for researching long-term operating patterns rather than just as a means of coarse/fine filtering and would like to see it actually in operation. East hall is back-end of beyond, so I'll get there eventually on Friday <grin>.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 05:09:28 PM »

This didn't help:

http://www.hamsexy.com/cms/?p=1081

But made me laugh . . .
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 06:44:09 PM »

Look forward to finally meeting you and seeing your presentation. I'm intrigued at the notion of using the spot database for researching long-term operating patterns rather than just as a means of coarse/fine filtering and would like to see it actually in operation. East hall is back-end of beyond, so I'll get there eventually on Friday <grin>.

I'm doing exactly that now in my quest to work VU7 on 12m and 10m: http://www.dxlabsuite.com/spotcollector/VU7.jpg

Dave, AA6YQ
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 06:48:02 PM »

This didn't help:

http://www.hamsexy.com/cms/?p=1081

But made me laugh . . .

Warning

That post has pics of some of the flowing... emm "floating" stuff. Eww.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 09:00:46 PM »

Since becoming a ham in 1979, I've missed Dayton no more than 5 or 6 times. The last being in 2011, the year I went to Friedrichshafen instead, so I didn't get to witness the PoopVolcano™ first hand. Thankfully. The blokes at Hamsexy outdid themselves, however. If nothing else, the cleanup did result in a Hara Arena first--running hot water in the restrooms!

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 09:21:11 PM »

Since becoming a ham in 1979, I've missed Dayton no more than 5 or 6 times. The last being in 2011, the year I went to Friedrichshafen instead, so I didn't get to witness the PoopVolcano™ first hand. Thankfully. The blokes at Hamsexy outdid themselves, however. If nothing else, the cleanup did result in a Hara Arena first--running hot water in the restrooms!

Oh man - that TM (trademark) has me busting a serious gut. I also love the "5 second rule has been suspended" sign . . . . "
YO3GJC

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 03:59:42 AM »

Hi Guys

This is my 7th time in a raw hamvention. Don't forget Thu evening party @ Hooters  Grin
73 de VE3GNO Daniel
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 04:56:26 AM »

Oh man - that TM (trademark) has me busting a serious gut. I also love the "5 second rule has been suspended" sign . . . . "

My boys are watching a stupid cartoon at the moment. I am laughing until the point of tears about the poop volcano TM.  My wife came in the room, asked me if I was ok. I told her that I was laughing about the poop issue at Dayton in 2011, she starts laughing and said.  Didn't they think hams smelled enough as it is. And she wonders how many still have their chose from 2011.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 11:05:13 PM »

Never been to Dayton. Can't go this year, but will definitely go in 2014 and will pack my hip waders just in case.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 08:47:38 AM »

Never been to Dayton. Can't go this year, but will definitely go in 2014 and will pack my hip waders just in case.

Yeah, Packing for Hamvention can be tricky. Between the hip waders, rainproof clothing, SPF-5000 sunblock, shorts, t-shirts, parka and mittens you can rapidly use up your luggage allowance...not to mention the many daily changes of clothing required when that 35 degree rainy morning turns into the 80 degree humid steambath by noon. We've been fortunate that for the last 4 or 5 years the weather's been generally quite pleasant, but I recall an even longer stretch of bad weather Hamventions, wherein I was convinced that the word "Dayton" was an old Indian word meaning "more rain in 48 hours than a person can imagine."

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 09:03:18 AM »

Yeah, Packing for Hamvention can be tricky. Between the hip waders, rainproof clothing, SPF-5000 sunblock, shorts, t-shirts, parka and mittens you can rapidly use up your luggage allowance...not to mention the many daily changes of clothing required when that 35 degree rainy morning turns into the 80 degree humid steambath by noon. We've been fortunate that for the last 4 or 5 years the weather's been generally quite pleasant, but I recall an even longer stretch of bad weather Hamventions, wherein I was convinced that the word "Dayton" was an old Indian word meaning "more rain in 48 hours than a person can imagine."

Real hams don't need no changes of clothing Smiley
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 10:22:09 AM »

Both of my parents are hams (my sister too). Anyways I remember when I was knee high to a grasshopper, my parents would come home from Dayton in one of three conditions. Fried, drenched or frostbiten.  Last years WX was simply perfect!

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 11:59:31 AM »

Both of my parents are hams (my sister too). Anyways I remember when I was knee high to a grasshopper, my parents would come home from Dayton in one of three conditions. Fried, drenched or frostbiten.  Last years WX was simply perfect!

Well, considering that 2013 could be viewed by many as the Year of the False Spring, I'm hestiant to envision what awaits in 2 weeks.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: