Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TX/RX switch between transceiver and SDR  (Read 930 times)
pmraiders

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2013, 02:40:47 PM »

I have an ic-7000 and a softrock ensemble 2 rx. I want to switch between these two when the ic-7000 transmits. I was looking at the MFJ-1708 but the delay in switching for RF sensing mode may well damage either the ic-7000 or the softrock and there is no ptt-rf delay setting in the ic-7000 for direct toggle of the relay. Without a delay I believe that either the ic-7000 would get high SWR or the softrock would get some RF or both.

Are there any other options? I am considering returning the ic-7000 and getting something else that better fits my needs.

Jordan
KG7DBM
K9YLI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:59:34 PM »

first off..  radio  amateurs  handbook,, any vintage..

I suspect the 7000  may have a  PTT line somewhere on a rear panel socket..(accessory socket etc).  this could be wired to a slimple  12 volt relay  to open the antenna lead  to the soft rock when transmitting.
Or build a box  between the mic and socket  to  allow  you to tap the PTT line  there
to  operate the relay.
You would have to know  if the ptt line  goes to ground (likely),,  then use that to switch  the  cold side of the relay..   the relay  will need a 12 volt source..
or  any  source  with  approppriate relay  (5 volt,, or 9 volt etc).

get a smlll box  and install relay  and  2 coax connectors  to feed the  antenna lead thru  to the  soft rock...

with a double throw relay contact, you could also  short out the  soft rock  input for extra safety.

M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 03:21:25 PM »

I have an ic-7000 and a softrock ensemble 2 rx. I want to switch between these two when the ic-7000 transmits. I was looking at the MFJ-1708 but the delay in switching for RF sensing mode may well damage either the ic-7000 or the softrock and there is no ptt-rf delay setting in the ic-7000 for direct toggle of the relay. Without a delay I believe that either the ic-7000 would get high SWR or the softrock would get some RF or both.

Are there any other options? I am considering returning the ic-7000 and getting something else that better fits my needs.

Jordan
KG7DBM

The guys doing SDR with the Kenwood TS590 are using an ELAD switch box.

http://ecom.eladit.com/epages/990298944.sf/it_IT/?ObjectPath=/Shops/990298944/Products/%22ELAD%20ASW-1%22
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: