Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We are going through Solar Max NOW  (Read 4443 times)
K6UJ

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2013, 08:01:33 PM »

Well, speaking of solar activity, Ol' Sol belched out two X-class flares this morning. An X-1.7 and what now looks like a 2.8. Neither was earth-directed but the spot that's generating that activity should rotate around in a few days.

And soon after a X3.2 Smiley
Could it be? Can it really be peaking and hopefully staying high for a nice long period?

I hope so  Cheesy
The SFI is still up,  150 today.    Lookin gooooooood !!

Bob
K6UJ

W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2013, 10:06:58 PM »

As each day passes it looks more and more like the peak of this cycle will have been the fall of 2011.

I don't think so. The sunspots are still at relatively high latitudes. Looking at the butterfly diagram it looks like the current cycle still has a ways to go to maximum.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 01:16:28 PM »

The weeks since the orginal post was made has seen some heavy solar activity and yet once again it has translated into mostly horrible band conditions.  I am personlay feeling like the problem is not the Sun but the Earths magnetic field!  It seems to be behaving like a dead rechargeable battery. The bursts from the sun come and the X-Rays and A index go up and very soon the SFI goes up but then the SFI drops off even before the A index can come back down to reasonable levels.   It's kind of like charging up a half dead Nicad in that you get a proper voltage while the charger is connected but the minute you remove the charger the voltage just drops off.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2013, 11:01:46 PM »

Since the original message was posted about three weeks ago I think band conditions have been the worst since Sol woke from his slumber in the fall of 2010.  Not only is 10 meters virtually dead every day, but now 15 meters, which previously had some very good openings over the pole, has also been experiencing very, very poor conditions the last 2 or 3 weeks or so.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2013, 04:52:21 AM »

Since the original message was posted about three weeks ago I think band conditions have been the worst since Sol woke from his slumber in the fall of 2010.  Not only is 10 meters virtually dead every day, but now 15 meters, which previously had some very good openings over the pole, has also been experiencing very, very poor conditions the last 2 or 3 weeks or so.

Yea we went through solar max. about 3 weeks ago.  Roll Eyes

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2013, 05:13:49 AM »

Yea we went through solar max. about 3 weeks ago.

Are you sure?  Smiley
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: