Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Brand New 100 Watt HF Transceiver For 400.00 ???  (Read 56118 times)
KA7NIQ

Ignore
« on: May 12, 2013, 09:47:09 PM »

According to this, it is true http://www.cqdx.ru/ham/new-equipment/ftgmdc-feitong-chinese-ft-808-hf-transceiver/

It is called the FEITONG FT-808
It is from China
The price is sure right, wonder if it is any good ?
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 10:00:51 PM »

The first units of the Baofeng radios did not fulfill the FCC requirements. One needs to be careful.
KA7NIQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 07:07:21 AM »

The first units of the Baofeng radios did not fulfill the FCC requirements. One needs to be careful.
Yeah, this thing will work on 11 meters, right out of the box I guess, so there goes "FCC type acceptance".

I kind of like the idea of the Chinese starting to make radios.
Competition is always a good thing, for us consumers.

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 07:36:38 AM »

Yeah, this thing will work on 11 meters, right out of the box I guess, so there goes "FCC type acceptance".

Its a shame that the never put CB up around 31 or 32 mhz, above HF bands,  from day one.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
KA7NIQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 08:27:20 AM »

Its a shame that the never put CB up around 31 or 32 mhz, above HF bands,  from day one.
That would have "intruded" into FM Business Radio Low Band I suppose ?

This Chinese HF Transceiver has got me curious.
I just found this on Google about it.

Unfortunately it is real.... I say unfortunately because for one it will work on 11m from the factory, and two because its such a gray area radio, it transmit anywhere and so how do you license it such and such.

A Canadian ham posted this info about it on a forum i frequent, supposedly there is someone selling them as marine HF radios up there.

Factory Price 410 USD - Minimum Order 1 Piece (comes unlocked for 11m)

Dual mode: shortwave and ultra-shortwave
Dual channels to receive signals,
Distress call, selective cass, group call and all call,
Display anti-collision alarm,
Large LCD.

Specifications:
Frequency range:
Rx 0.5-29.999999MHz
Tx 1.6-29.999999MHz

Mode: USB, LSB, CW, RTTY, AM
Memory channels: 100
Power supply: 13.8V DC(¡À15%)
Current drain (at 13.8V):
Receive Standby 1.4A
Transmit Max. power 25A

Operable temp. range: -10¡æ - +60¡æ; 14¨H - 140¨H
Dimension(WxHxD): 240x200x65mm
Weight: 4kg

Reciever:
Reveive system: Double-conversion superheterodyne system
Sensitivity(12dB SINAD):
0.5-1.5999MHz: SSB, CW, RTTY¡Ü1uV , AM¡Ü10uV
1.6-29.9999MHz: SSB, CW, RTTY¡Ü0.5uV, AM¡Ü2uV

Squelch sensitivity(threshhold): SSB, CW, RTTY Less than 5.6uV
Selectivity:
SSB, CW, RTTY:
More than 2.1 KHz/-6dB,
Less than 4.5 KHz/-60dB
AM:
More than 6 KHz/-6dB,
Less than 20 KHz/-40dB

Spurious and image rejection ratio: More than 70dB(1.6-29.9999MHz)
RIT variable range: ¡À150Hz
Audio output power(at 13.8V DC): More than 2.0W at 10% distortion with an 8¦¸ load

Transmitter:
Ourput power: SSB 100W AM 40W
Modulation system:
SSB Balanced modulation
AM Low level modulation

Spurious emissions: Less than -50dB Below peak output power
Carrier suppression: More than 40dB
Unwanted sideband: More than 50dB
KA7NIQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 09:02:38 AM »

They are talking about it here http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/2013/01/is-this-chinese-hf-radio-wind-up-one.html
I want one of these rigs.
It looks to be kind of a "no brainer", for the price!
LOL, they will chit when I check into Southcars and the other nets, with my new Chinese POS!

But, since my new Chinese "POS" will only cost 400.00, I will have plenty left over for an Electro Voice RE 27 Mike  Grin
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 09:38:18 AM »

Competition is NOT always a good thing for consumers.  Look at the number of manufacturing jobs the US has lost to China.  No skin off you?  Not true.  As people lose their jobs, two things happen, the tax base erodes, plus those same people and their families become a burden on the tax system for unemployment and welfare.  So in the end, it drives up our deficit, which WILL effect you.   How about the competition from places like Wal-Mart that come in, drive prices down putting all the Mom & Pop stores (along with their knowledgeable help) out of business, then raise their prices when there's no small businesses left to compete?
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 11:20:26 AM »

I am curious about the [anti collision alarm dislay] feature.If in a marine use environment does this mean collision is eminent with the same radio on another vessel or if located in a land based shack does this mean eminent collision with another type rig on the operating desk?

And BTW TSTR14 concerning your remark about Wal-Mart,here in America we call that style of operation BUSINESS not ETHICS.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:26:52 AM by W1JKA » Logged
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 11:29:36 AM »

Competition is NOT always a good thing for consumers.  Look at the number of manufacturing jobs the US has lost to China.  No skin off you?  Not true.  As people lose their jobs, two things happen, the tax base erodes, plus those same people and their families become a burden on the tax system for unemployment and welfare.  So in the end, it drives up our deficit, which WILL effect you.   How about the competition from places like Wal-Mart that come in, drive prices down putting all the Mom & Pop stores (along with their knowledgeable help) out of business, then raise their prices when there's no small businesses left to compete?

There is no easy answer but everyone wants to pay less for products. You could build everything here and pay far more for it. I think the low cost of many imported products has help stave off inflation last few years as economy recovers. As far as tax burden, WAY to many loop holes for wealthy. I recently read were apple can avoid 9 billion in taxes by simply borrowing money for a dividend rather than use 150+ billion cash reserves due to a loop hole. And there is another one where many wealthy tying all money up in stocks and bonds and borrow money to live and when they sell stock to pay loan its tax free. And that is just tip of the iceberg. As far as jobs being outsource that was promoted in last decade and tax break for it.

All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 11:36:57 AM »

W1JKA - yes, it's business alright, bad business. I've seen first hand what the big box stores have done to little mom and pop places.  I used to have a hardware store two blocks from my house.  The guy knew everything there was to know about fixing stuff, even when his clientele were clueless about what they needed.  Home Depot drove him out of business, and it was a sad day.  Most people at HD couldn't tell you a screw from a bolt, let alone how to use them. Worse yet, they can't even tell you where the darn things are.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 12:16:25 PM »

Re:TSTR14

Yes,many people feel as you do about the demise of small businesses due to these types of box stores.They mostly give the lower income folks a chance to live the pretentious materialistic life style that was once enjoyed by what is left of the so called middle class.If people ever got serious about doing anything about the Wal-Mart syndrome the only thing they would have to do is a general population boycott for a couple months.Wal-Mart would be gone and we would all be shopping at Goodwill Industries stores where there would also be a good chance of picking up a good used DingDong FT-808.
KF6QEX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 01:39:06 PM »

The revenue generated/lost from ham radio sales is a statistically insignificant blip to the economy.
However,
imported cars, your shoes,your tools,your car parts,your clothes, your kids coloring markers, your kinds toys,
or your patio furniture times the number of people buing this stuff is another matter entirely.

KA7NIQ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »

The revenue generated/lost from ham radio sales is a statistically insignificant blip to the economy.
However,
imported cars, your shoes,your tools,your car parts,your clothes, your kids coloring markers, your kinds toys,
or your patio furniture times the number of people buing this stuff is another matter entirely.

My point exactly. The Japs basically put American Ham Radio Manufacturers out of business.
Please, no "weeping" if the Chinese do it to them.
IMHO, The Japanese have literally been ripping us off for years, with radios that cost far far more, then they should.
I say "Let The Japs sweat for awhile", just like the Koreans are making them sweat in the Auto Industry.

My other hobby is Stereo Equipment.
I can buy a state of the art stereo receiver, with 9 built in 150 wpc Amplifiers, Dolby this and that, as well as Audyssey and THX for well under a grand!
It weighs near 60 lbs!

Plus, the makers of this Japanese receiver must also pay licensing fee's to Dolby, THX, etc, etc.

Now, you tell me WHY a Yaesu 9000 costs as much as it does ?
Where is "The Beef" ?

IMHO, The Japs need some competition, and hopefully, it will drive down the prices all us Hams pay for our Rigs ?

N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 02:55:06 PM »

<snip> The Japs basically... <snip> I say "Let The Japs sweat for awhile"<snip> IMHO, The Japs need some competition... <snip>

Really? What is this, freakin' WWII?

I thought the thread was about a new Chinese HF rig, not a one man attempt to put the Japanese people back 50 plus years.

Considering how much I've truly enjoyed owning many Kenwood and Icom radios over the years, I certainly don't feel as if I have been "ripped off" by any race or nationality. I doubt anyone forced you to buy anything either

Thank goodness you didn't start referring to the new radio using Chinese racial slurs as well. How offensive.

Don N4TTS

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 03:09:10 PM »

<snip> The Japs basically... <snip> I say "Let The Japs sweat for awhile"<snip> IMHO, The Japs need some competition... <snip>

Really? What is this, freakin' WWII?

I thought the thread was about a new Chinese HF rig, not a one man attempt to put the Japanese people back 50 plus years.

Considering how much I've truly enjoyed owning many Kenwood and Icom radios over the years, I certainly don't feel as if I have been "ripped off" by any race or nationality. I doubt anyone forced you to buy anything either

Thank goodness you didn't start referring to the new radio using Chinese racial slurs as well. How offensive.

Don N4TTS

Japan builds a good product but as their standard of living has gone up a lot so have labor prices opening door to China. China can put a man in space and bring him back and will someday put a man on moon too. I think they can build a good radio if they want too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: