Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6M Sprint  (Read 3632 times)
N2SLO

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2013, 09:34:37 AM »

The 6M VHF sprint over the weekend was amazing. 6M was dead last year, one of the worst for me here on Long Island in FN 30. If the sprint is a sign of 6M activity in 2013, should be a great season. Incredible conditions to the midwest and down south. The band was wide open for hours. Wondering how the conditions were for others, and how the Es season has started.
73.. David Smiley
K5EFJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 10:01:24 AM »

I just got into 6m and decided to try the contest.  I have a 100 watt radio (Ranger) and a horizonal dipole about 15 feet up.  I could hear lots of stations but they couldn't hear me.  There was a lot of noise but overall, I think I need to come up with a better and higher antenna.  I'm thinking of a Moxon.  Any thoughts or suggestions?
N6ORB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 09:12:33 AM »

I have 390 grid-squares confirmed since 2006 using mostly a Moxon at between 13 and 20 feet.
The one I use is made by Par Electronics. It's lightweight and breaks down easily when I operate portable.

Dave, N6ORB
KO3D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 08:54:51 AM »

I used 6M for the first time and ran across this contest by accident for the last hour. I got 7 states and 15 grids using a 100W Ranger and a homebrew rotatable dipole on top of a 10' PVC pipe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: