Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flex 1000 on Ebay  (Read 2931 times)
KB5JOF

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2013, 08:11:53 AM »

I noticed a Flex radio on Ebay with an extremely high asking price.  I also notice that the owner rejects all bids.  What gives?  Does Ebay have reserves now?

WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 12:15:17 PM »

I've been a member there since the late 90's and they've always had a reserves option available. 
WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 12:42:18 PM »

I noticed a Flex radio on Ebay with an extremely high asking price.  I also notice that the owner rejects all bids.  What gives?  Does Ebay have reserves now?

Like anything else, a person can ask whatever they want for something. eBay is no exception.
I looked at that auction and his asking price is way too much for that radio. But, it is HIS radio
and he can try to sell it for whatever he wants. Doesn't mean he'll get it. But, he can try.
No reason to complain about it though. Make an offer if you want it and see what happens.
But, unless you offer close to what he is wanting, I doubt you'll get it either.
If you are interested in the SDR-1000, then keep a watch on the different For Sale sections of
different Amateur Related forums, and you can find one much cheaper. Or even at some hamfests. I have seen them sold for as little as $400 for the 100Watt model. But, it is old technology and
won't work with newer operating systems and computers. (not without a LOT of work to get it to work) For the $1,050.00 that is his starting price, you can do much better)
james
WD5GWY
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »

THIS radio
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flex-Radio-SDR1000-SDR-1000-Ham-100W-Internal-Tuner-Mouse-M-Delta-Audio-Card-/300907224185?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460f77dc79
is a BUY it NOW. It is not a bid.
You can look in Classifieds in eHam or QTH dot com and get an SDR 1000 around $750 including the sound card. They are starting to get scarce cuz Flex won't fix them any more. Well, they say they will until you send yours in for an estimate. Then, they (Flex) come back say that it is not economical to repair. I lucked out after a severe electrical storm killed my SDR 1000, to find another one on QTH dot com for the $750.00 mentioned earlier.
Get an SDR 3000, HF+6M and 100W PA.
http://cart.flexradio.com/FLEX-3000_p_9.html
ONLY $1,749. Doesn't hurt too bad.
EDIT: I checked on eHam classifieds and a lot of old out dated ads. Who cleans up the old out-dated ads of 2 years ago here??? what a mess.
QTH dot com has several Flex offerings. A Flex 3000 for $1500. And the usual unloading of  Flex 5000's starting at $2200.
DO NOT buy a FLEX SDR 1500. That is a QRP rig. 5 watts. Waste of time. You'll spend more money looking for a 100 W PA.
Fred
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 05:34:39 PM by KC4MOP » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: