Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Much Flex-6000 News  (Read 14224 times)
PJ2BVU

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2013, 07:24:31 PM »

Check the FlexRadio Systems > Support > Downloads area.

Additional FlexInsider issue made available to download and some Signature Series documentation.

Steve
K9ZW

Blog:  http://k9zw.wordpress.com/
Another very interesting post from K9ZW  Grin

Jean-Claude PJ2BVU
K9ZW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 05:55:55 PM »

More reports of Limited Edition Signature Series (the pre-orders) slowly shipping on various reflectors.

Steve
K9ZW

W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 10:11:41 AM »

More reports of Limited Edition Signature Series (the pre-orders) slowly shipping on various reflectors.

Why are they letting these trickle out so slowly? It wouldn't be that difficult to build a batch big enough to empty their entire backlog.
K9ZW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 11:28:39 AM »

Why are they letting these trickle out so slowly? It wouldn't be that difficult to build a batch big enough to empty their entire backlog.

Please remember these are "SmartSDR Preview Edition" releases to those with deposits who also said they would participate in the pre-version 1 "preview launch."  FlexRadio System announced that these would ship slowly in small batches as their "SmartSDR v1.0" solidifies, as their final QC/verification process ramps up, and in order to not overwhelm their support staff.

Steady paced roll out seems to be their plan.

Steve
K9ZW

W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2013, 01:58:15 PM »

Please remember these are "SmartSDR Preview Edition" releases to those with deposits who also said they would participate in the pre-version 1 "preview launch."  FlexRadio System announced that these would ship slowly in small batches as their "SmartSDR v1.0" solidifies, as their final QC/verification process ramps up, and in order to not overwhelm their support staff.

Ah, the old "use our customers as our QA department" approach. At least these customers knew this up front.
N9RO

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2013, 02:21:31 PM »

Many of us have been watching the Circus set up.  I believe the show is now about to start. 

Tim,  N9RO

Real techies don't use knobs.
K9ZW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 02:29:14 PM »

Ah, the old "use our customers as our QA department" approach. At least these customers knew this up front.

Be absolutely clear that each and every advance order holder who has become a SmartSDR Preview Edition program participant knows their position in this later stage of product development.

Every advance order holder was given the opportunity to participate, or they could hold fo rthe first production SmartSDR v1.0 releases. 

I am please and eager to participate - this is going to be a blast!

In cases where it more important to the owner that the production feature set is complete and mature, the recommendation would be that those hams wait.

Biggest question is will mine arrive in time to use for Field Day? (yeah, I would do that!)

Steve
K9ZW

NI0Z

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2013, 05:24:30 PM »

Biggest question is will mine arrive in time to use for Field Day? (yeah, I would do that!)

Steve
K9ZW

Hey Steve,

Glad to see your finally going to get your radio and hope it all works out for you. I know many of us have given you a hard time and I personally hope it all meets your expectations.  You have had a long wait and a hard road to this point as a Flex fan.

73 and let us know what you think!

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: