Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARRL LoTW URL changes  (Read 3978 times)
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 04:23:24 PM »

Since most of the LoTW staff are at Dayton, we're probably have to wait until the first part of next week to get some kind of resolution/explanation.

What kind of idjit makes a change like this right before going out of town for the better part of a week? That's poor planning in spades!
You know...  You are a mind reader...  I was thinking exactly the same thing...  When I was working in IT, we had a rule...  No major changes on Friday...

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 04:39:04 PM »

I agree with the above posts, this is absolute rubbish Angry Why on Earth would they make changes like this at a time like this!  The next phase will be to see what happens with the HRD 5.xx free version, will it be supported or will this be the moment when they say get 6.x or say goodbye to using LoTW with the HRD software.
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 04:47:59 PM »

I agree with the above posts, this is absolute rubbish Angry Why on Earth would they make changes like this at a time like this!  The next phase will be to see what happens with the HRD 5.xx free version, will it be supported or will this be the moment when they say get 6.x or say goodbye to using LoTW with the HRD software.

Some users are able to upload their loads to LoTW: in the last 5 hours, I've personally tracked the # of QSO processed and it has climbed several tens of thousands.  Also see W1VT's post.

So it may or may not be something that originated with the LoTW folks.  It could be other problems ... perhaps coming from the ARRL's service provider, DNS failures, faulty equipment, etc.  So it is a bit premature to make any claims at this point (including that it is specifically HRD-related).  Like I said in one of my earlier posts, we'll probably have to wait till early next week to find out exactly what happened.  At least for me, a few days of no uploads isn't going to kill me.

GL, 73, Rich, K3VAT
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 04:52:48 PM »

My understanding is this:

Yesterday afternoon, LotW Management changed the LotW Server's URL address. They did this in a way that they expected would be transparent, and so issued no warning to developers of applications that interoperate with the LotW. However, the change was not transparent, causing many such applications to lose the ability to interact with the LotW Server.

To compensate for the URL change, I released a new version of DXKeeper (DXLab's logging component) last night.

This morning, LotW Management identified the error that prevented the Server's old URL from continuing to work. That error has been corrected, so all applications that could previously interoperate with the LotW Server should again be able to do so.

Dave, AA6YQ
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 05:04:33 PM »

Thanks for that update Dave.  I am going to try it when I get home and see of its working again.

73s
Robert
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:07:02 PM by KD8MJR » Logged
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 08:19:39 PM »

Mine is still not working.
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 09:10:37 PM »

Still broken here.
KA1J

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 06:22:49 AM »

Logic 9 is the logging program I use. The author was notified yesterday afternoon of the LOTW problem and the fix was posted this morning for download. I'm happy to say its working as it should.

Gary
KA1J

For those using Logic 9 go here:
http://hosenose.com/Forum/yaf_postsm2722_LOGic-9-Program-Update----new-features-and-fixes.aspx#post2722
WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 07:05:10 PM »

If vers 5.xx won't load up to LOTW then I will say good by to HRD and not upgade any time period.  It has benn on my mind to do so but I figured I would let them get the bugs out (say by vers. 7) before I buy it!!

Rick  wn2c
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2013, 03:44:18 AM »

Logic 9 is the logging program I use. The author was notified yesterday afternoon of the LOTW problem and the fix was posted this morning for download. I'm happy to say its working as it should.

Gary
KA1J

For those using Logic 9 go here:
http://hosenose.com/Forum/yaf_postsm2722_LOGic-9-Program-Update----new-features-and-fixes.aspx#post2722

Thanks Gary, all is AOK with the update.
KD0UN

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2013, 07:44:34 AM »

Just downloaded/uploaded log to LOTW with HRD 5.xxx -- All is well.  Whew!!!!
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 09:25:20 AM »

HRD posted an update to HRD 6 last night and I've confirmed that it fixes both uploads and downloads to LoTW.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2013, 10:17:59 AM »

Did you have to change anything?
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2013, 10:58:23 AM »

Did you have to change anything?

I would suggest - you download your log files for the "month" and import into LOTW and eQSL manually as a backup.   I've caught a few stranglers in the last few months.   Added insurance.
KT5MR

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 11:45:37 AM »

Hi all,

It looks like the ARRL has indeed rolled back the changes.  Using the original https://p1k.arrl.org URLs in HRD 5, I was able to upload my contacts moments ago that I did since May 12.  (The world has not ended, woohoo!)

I did notice one oddity not related to HRD 5.  If you go to the web site itself using the p1k.arrl.org, you'll be able to log in, but if you try to click on Your QSOs, it kicks you out back to the login screen, but this time the login screen has the lotw.arrl.org URL and if you log in there, all works fine.  Probably an SSL thing.

My thanks to ARRL for rolling this back while everyone is probably involved in supporting Dayton and not taking a position that would have required those running old/unsupported logging programs to switch or upgrade.  (I'm sure there will be a change in LOTW in the future that will require me to upgrade, but something this arbitrary doesn't seem like it should be it).

--Michael / KT5MR
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: