Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your thoughts on Ham Radio Deluxe 6.xx  (Read 44554 times)
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2013, 04:38:06 AM »

One of the main features I would like to see working is the printing of QSL labels and address labels for QSL cards.   The current incarnation does not appear to be ready for prime time (as of beta 6.1).  For example, on the address labels, many addresses print on a single line while others print correctly.  To verify that it was not bad data, I printed the same labels using N3FJP as well as a label printing program designed to work against the HRD logbook database, both programs did fine with the labels.  On the QSL labels, the print is so small you can barely read it and the 'year' column of the Date is too small and truncates the year.   

Carlton
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2013, 09:27:47 PM »

Because HRD is a total package covering almost everything related to station operations it will take a bit of time to fix all the little bugs, but keep in mind that they have fixed and added so many things already that it really builds serious confidence with the user base and makes version 6.1 an incredible achievement and truly worth the money.

I am really enjoying the stability and features and the best part is that the good stuff keeps on coming Smiley
W4ATK

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2013, 01:48:48 PM »

I am just getting back to a PC based shack after venturing off into Mac land. My first move was to install the 30day HRD trial on a Win8 machine. Immediately I had some problems and had self diagnosed it as permissions and was working toward that end. I backed my efforts up by posting an email off to support and immediately got a response telling me it was not my computer and not HRD. Tim (HRD support) sent me a couple of files and said if I had trouble to call him.  I did. I immediately got to Tim and he remotely accessed my machine, did all the right things and I am one happy camper.

Now, you get what you pay for. I paid 100 bucks for MacLoggerDX to run on a Mac. So paying for an initial license to HRD, No problem! How do I feel about the annual support fee for updates and new versions and subscription support. For the kind of support I got today, I will gladly pony up the $60.  I have been a software developer and a program like HRD boggles my mind. Millions of lines of code. It costs money to maintain such a complex and expansive piece of software. This isn't something a hobbyist has time to do. Get real guys, it is only a few bucks, a couple of Chinese HTs. Smiley  My check is in the mail!
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2013, 01:01:57 PM »

The annual fee is only if you want the next version, assuming new versions come out annually.
The updates to the version you paid for will keep coming for two years.
And yes Tim is a great guy to talk to, he knows his stuff.

KJ4VVU

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2013, 07:20:56 AM »

I'm somewhat disappointed in Version 6.0.x   Maybe it's me or the new computer with Windows 8.0 but on the logbook on the "Lookup" tap on the left.... it's not displaying correctly like version 5.0   The pull down slide bars are frozen.....don't work.  On the DX Cluster Spots section..... what does column C  B  M  S  = mean?  Didn't see it the pdf manual.  Speaking of the manual..... it's needs a lot more info on changing and setting up the different tabs.

I was happy with version 5.  This paid version needs a lot more work. 

KJ4VVU
Joey   Sad
KB3NPH

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2013, 07:34:10 AM »

I'm somewhat disappointed in Version 6.0.x   Maybe it's me or the new computer with Windows 8.0 but on the logbook on the "Lookup" tap on the left.... it's not displaying correctly like version 5.0   The pull down slide bars are frozen.....don't work.  On the DX Cluster Spots section..... what does column C  B  M  S  = mean?  Didn't see it the pdf manual.  Speaking of the manual..... it's needs a lot more info on changing and setting up the different tabs.

I was happy with version 5.  This paid version needs a lot more work. 

KJ4VVU
Joey   Sad

The items you claim are issues with you are just a matter of settings.  Have you tried to contact support?  They could fix you right up in just a matter of a couple minutes.
KJ4VVU

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2013, 08:40:45 AM »

I did call support as suggested.  He fixed me up.  Downloaded version 6.1.x and it's working fine after changing a setting in the configuration section.   Smiley Smiley Thanks.

KJ4VVU
Joey
AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2013, 02:05:46 PM »

what does column C  B  M  S  = mean?  KJ4VVU
Joey   Sad

The CBMS in the DX cluster window is an indicator of whether you worked a spotted station by Country, Band, Mode, and the exact same Station that was spotted.  It's my understanding, as an example, say station ZL1XX is spotted on 20 meters running CW, HRD will compare the spot information to your logbook and will let you know by a Green check mark or Red X, if you have ever worked that country, on 20 meters, using CW, and whether you have worked that exact station.

KB3NPH

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2013, 05:21:46 PM »

Mike (WA9PIE) did a nice video on YouTube about the WSIs (Work Status Indicators) (CBMS=).  You can also see what each icon means by clicking on the DX Cluster OPTIONS and on the "Appearance".

The Link to Mike's video is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wk4BSrHHpw

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: