Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Music on PSK-31 Frequencies  (Read 4303 times)
KK5JY

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2013, 11:50:50 AM »

Over the last few days, I have seen/heard music being played on PSK-31 frequencies, including 14070 and 21070 kHz.  One of these transmissions also included what sounded like a broadcast interview or newscast in Spanish.  The signals don't occur all the time, but they'll run for a few minutes each time.  The modulation type appears to be USB.

Has anybody else heard this, or had an opportunity to observe beam headings of the source?
K0YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:05:40 AM »

Yes heard it too on 15M.  I figured somebody had their soundcard audio going out, and was trying to figure out who it was so I could tell them.  I never could tell...
K4RKY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 06:35:25 PM »

I hear it all the time (periodically of course) I hear music, sometimes someone chattering on. Not at all surprised. Ops Forget to turn off the rig or VOX or forget to lock the door! Or the station is located in the house. That'll get the VOX EVERY TIME.  Undecided

Rick ^i^
AC4BB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 07:18:07 PM »

I've heard it. Also one other thing. People using open mic the put the mic to the speakers to transmit the psk31 tones. They not only transmit the psk they transmit the background noises talking/dogs barking/TV .  Not a good way to interface.
KO3D

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 09:16:07 AM »

Some rigs like the Icom 718 key the mic if the gain isn't off when the soundcard is hooked into the rear DIN.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: