Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DL1MGB doing sports for charity  (Read 1202 times)
DL1MGB

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »

Hello hams all over the world!

I want to call your attention to a campaign a colleague of mine (Tobias Höher) and me (Chris DL1MGB) initiated.

We are going to participate in the Dodentocht (http://www.dodentocht.be/) which takes place on August 9th, 2013 around the city of Bornem in Belgium. The Dodentocht is a 100 km hike which has to be finished by foot in minimum 10 and maximum 24 hours.

100 km or 24 hours can get very long, and we will have definitely our lows. So we decided to find as many supporters as possible, who are willing to donate a pre-determined amount of money for every commenced kilometer. These donations will go 100 % to the Kinderkrebshilfe Berchtesgadener Land und Traunstein e.V. (Childern's Cancer Aid), an incorporated society with a lot of voluntary helpers. They are giving advise, help and financial support not only to children having cancer but also to children and teenagers whose parents suffer from cancer or already died as a result of cancer.

What can you do?
You may come to Belgium. We still need some cheerleaders for the second 50 km :-)
But mainly you should support our campaign with your donations. The most interesting way is to make your donation dependent on how far we will go at the Dodentocht.

Just go to http://www.100-km.org/ and learn more about our campaign and register to commit your willingsness to donate.

Thank you very much for your support!

73 Chris DL1MGB
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 11:26:40 PM »

A couple of observations after reading through the website:

1) Sending cash by mail is a very bad idea.

2) If you're at Friedrichshafen you could collect funds there.

I'll send you 1 Euro for every completed Km, funds sent by IBAN. Good luck!!

Tanakasan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: