Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Yaesu fire all its web admins?  (Read 2739 times)
KE7TMA

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2013, 07:39:57 PM »

Looking at the USA Yaesu site, it appears not to have been updated in a long while.  The Japanese site is also lacking some of the newer radios.

A web presence is the most forward-facing aspect of a business these days, excepting the actual products.  It's hard to believe that Yaesu doesn't bother to put information about new radios online!

I just wanted to read the instruction manual for the FT-1200 but I guess I can't.
NF6E

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 05:01:10 AM »

Wow.  You're right.  No FTDX1200 info and some broken links to boot.

I just sent them a note asking them why information about the FTDX1200 isn't available on their site. I also included a friendly mention about broken image references on their home page.  Maybe a few more pings from their "customers" will wake 'em up, assuming the messages we send them from their site don't drop into a black hole.

- Hello Yaesu?
http://www.yaesu.com/?cmd=ContactUs&DivisionID=65

- NF6E
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 06:17:42 AM »

It is amazing that Yaesu Musen has been able to keep company running, with the challenges faced over past 2 years.
The US retail prices of the antenna rotators have risen subtantially, which was likely due to loss of subcontractors and suppliers in Fukushima prefecture.
==
It has been over two years since the 2011 earthquake off the Pacific coast of Tōhoku (東北地方太平洋沖地震 Tōhoku-chihō Taiheiyō Oki Jishin?), often referred to in Japan as Higashi nihon daishinsai (東日本大震災?) and also known as the 2011 Tohoku earthquake, or the Great East Japan Earthquake on March 11, 2011.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tōhoku_earthquake_and_tsunami

==
It has also been 17 months since the Motorola / Yaesu company ownership split.

Yaesu’s Amateur Radio Division Breaks with Motorola, Changes Name to Yaesu Musen
December 28, 2011

After four years under the Motorola umbrella, Yaesu has split from that company. According to Vertex Standard President and Chief Executive Officer Jun Hasegawa, effective January 1, 2012, Motorola will keep the Vertex Standard Land-Mobile Division, while the amateur, marine and air-band will be under the Yaesu Musen banner. The new company will be known as Yaesu USA here in the US.

“This reorganization will allow us to concentrate in amateur, marine and air-band business, which will better leverage and align the strengths of our entire business operation,” Hasegawa said in a press release dated December 27. “We believe that there is an exciting opportunity to evolve our organization to meet the needs of the Amateur Radio, Marine equipment and air band telecommunication industries by continuing to provide specialized services and the highest quality products.”

Hasegawa explained that the new company’s name will be Yaesu Musen, “a name our business partners have been familiar with for over 50 years. We are delighted to bring you the legacy of trust, quality and solid customer service that has always been associated with the Yaesu Musen company name.”

While Yaesu Musen will have a new Japanese address, the address and phone numbers -- as well as the US operations and sales organization -- for Yaesu USA will not change. Dennis Motschenbacher, K7BV, will remain in charge of Yaesu USA’s sales division.
===
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 06:20:04 AM by W9GB » Logged
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 06:41:49 AM »

Gee, could a tsunami taking out a reactor, changing world economics, N Korea jumpin' up and down yet again, and likely a host of other national crises that are very likely to be lesser known to Americans be infringing on the Appliance Operator's right to shop retail? 

Say it isn't so...

*grin*
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 01:39:49 AM »

Gee, could a tsunami taking out a reactor, changing world economics, N Korea jumpin' up and down yet again, and likely a host of other national crises that are very likely to be lesser known to Americans be infringing on the Appliance Operator's right to shop retail? 

Say it isn't so...

*grin*

I bet you built your own radio crystals to go in your home made radio, and wired it up with wire you made yourself with copper you mined with a pick you hand made.

GRIN
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 06:32:19 AM »

I bet you built your own radio crystals to go in your home made radio, and wired it up with wire you made yourself with copper you mined with a pick you hand made.

GRIN

Darn near. 

W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 03:24:32 PM »

Seems about right since everyone knows that Yaesu stands for:Yet Another Excuse Simply Useless  Grin

Clayton
W4KVW
"ICOM RULES" Everything else wants to be an ICOM  Smiley
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 06:06:26 PM »

Lame.  I personally enjoy my Yaesu gear.

Vince
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 06:08:19 AM »

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."  -- H.L. Mencken

KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »

Seems about right since everyone knows that Yaesu stands for:Yet Another Excuse Simply Useless  Grin

Clayton
W4KVW

Frankly since I got ahold of a real American made radio these Japanese things look overpriced and silly, Icom and Yaesu both.
K4JJL

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 07:46:16 AM »

I Can Only Monitor...

Get a GE.  Those were the same guys that designed multi-KW broadcast transmitters.  They were also hams, hence the Hamflash for the GE M-PA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: