Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wayne Green W2NSD  (Read 24112 times)
KV4BL

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2014, 07:49:21 AM »

Oh man, I am sorry to hear of Wayne's passing. Sad   He was a colorful and productive member of the ham community.  I enjoyed reading his "73 Magazine" back in the early 1970's,  before I was a ham or while I was a Novice, in my teens. 

RIP Wayne.  They broke the mold after they made you.

Ray  KV4BL
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2014, 08:24:30 AM »

They didn't break it--they shattered it!
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2014, 09:59:41 AM »

Ohh just like the hot air on AM radio these days called Limbaugh....(how many times I have caught him in lies)

Care to list some of those for us? 

In context, with actual facts? 

really???  http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/01/07/25-examples-that-prove-rush-limbaugh-is-a-low-i/192085

Rush Limbaugh has gotten filthy rich through disinformation and entertaining hot air.  Instead of encouraging respect for political opponents and encouraging real debate, he spreads hate and demonization of 'libtards' and throws dirt on respectable conservative perspectives through his bombastic nonsense.

however, he does laugh all the way to the bank.  no doubt it was men like him that had Mark Twain quip that a lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is still putting its boots on. 

W7ASA

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2014, 01:17:36 PM »

Does this 2 party political manure have anything to do with Wayne Greene?  Aaah, I didn't think so.

>de W7ASA ..._   ._
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »

One ham who has known Wayne for years and who wrote articles for 73, has cautioned people not to confuse Wayne's efforts to sell magazines with his real personal beliefs!

i think the correlation regarded Rush Limbaugh's willingness to use faulty arguments to make (a great deal of) money  Huh

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rush-limbaugh-net-worth/

although obviously Wayne Green isn't in that league...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:42:21 PM by K9AIM » Logged
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2014, 11:36:44 AM »

The mold was broken just BEFORE Wayne was born... Grin

...explains a few of the cracks.  Now where'd I put my colloidal silver?

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2014, 08:52:08 AM »

The mold was broken just BEFORE Wayne was born... Grin

...explains a few of the cracks.  Now where'd I put my colloidal silver?

i just had to see more http://www.waynegreen.com/wayne/waynesays.html  Cheesy  Grin Roll Eyes Cheesy
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2014, 09:47:43 AM »

Did Rush ever say "You can keep your healthcare"?
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2014, 09:59:39 AM »

QST was better back then, yes. But no ham magazine published in the USA were better than Ham Radio before Jim Fisk, W1HR, died.
Amen.  In high school, I learned more about (then new) logic and linear ICs -- such as 7400 series -- reading Ham Radio, than was available in text books (printing and usage trailed developments 3 to 5 years).  QST started a similar set of educational articles later.

Ziff-Davis pivoted in mid-1970s changing focus from Popular Electronics to focus on new hobby computers (PCWeek and Apple magazines were born).  BTW, Wayne did same with founding of Byte magazine in mid-1970s.

Wayne had chance to be multi-millionaire, but his wife, Virginia grabbed company in late 1975.
She sold it to McGraw Hill in 1979.  Tidy profit for 4 years of work.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_(magazine)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 10:14:18 AM by W9GB » Logged
K8AG

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2014, 02:47:00 PM »

Wayne always reminded me of Hugo Gernsback.  Hugo was very instrumental in popularizing radio even during WW1 when things were tough.  Take a look at http://www.americanradiohistory.com/index.htm.  Some really early radio publications, many by Gernsback.  Amazing what we didn't know only 90 years ago.  Spark was still king.  Audion (triode tube) radios were the latest technology.  And the longer the wavelength the longer the distance (or so they thought back then).

I miss Wayne.  He was entertaining.

73 ;-) JP, K8AG
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2014, 12:16:58 AM »

I agree about Ham Radio magazine. The only bad thing about it was (and still is) the number of errors in the indexes. But I have all the issues on CD. QEX has sort of taken that slot, but doesn't have the number of articles in each issue that HR did.
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2014, 10:15:13 AM »

Did Rush ever say "You can keep your healthcare"?

No, but then again, I never heard him say he was drug addict either.
KA8FHW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2014, 08:10:45 PM »

I can see we have some spoiled apathetic brats on the forum. If people are well informed, they will be able to make wise decicions. At least Wayne doesn't sit still, and rants or not, He's using his brain.
N7BMW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2014, 08:18:12 PM »

I can see we have some spoiled apathetic brats on the forum. If people are well informed, they will be able to make wise decicions. At least Wayne doesn't sit still, and rants or not, He's using his brain.

Not anymore.
VK3ZIE

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2014, 11:20:14 PM »

I would be happy to know if Wayne is still alive.  I was a subscriber to 73 Mag back in the 60s and 70s, and whilst it was not a very high tech mag, the practical side of the articles was of inestimable benefit.  I had a Uni Degree in electronics, so the theory was just needing the practical flavour to get on-air results.   Back in those days, there was much more homebrewing done, so the mag copies were well thumbed.  You needed to be a selective reader if you did not want to follow his ranting, and that was just easy to do.
Long live NSD.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: