Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile Field Day  (Read 1098 times)
WX7G

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2013, 07:58:21 AM »

Field Day is upon us so let's see what we can do with our mobile setups.

There were 44 mobile entries last year and we could use some more. And remember to send in your log!

http://www.arrl.org/field-day

WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 10:35:56 AM »

It is pretty interesting that field day is not a contest (according to ARRL) but there are scores submitted and there is a number 'one' with the most points.  And where do you think the ARRL keeps the previous years scores... that's right... under contest scores.

Have fun on field day!!!

Rick  wn2c
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 12:11:16 PM »

Propagation was good for Field Day this year. This was my seventh time working mobile class with QRP and the first time from a car. The other six years were from a sail boat. Ten meters yielded only one QSO, 15 was ok, 40 was a struggle, but 20 meters was the fun workhouse band, as usual. I ran into two other mobile stations on CW and heard a few on SSB. SSB was tough most of the time with 5 watts, even on 20 meters. The Elecraft KX3 at 5 watts to a Tarheel 40A with a 9' whip consumed four sets of internal NiMH batteries in 12 hours of operation.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 12:18:02 PM by WX7G » Logged
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 06:19:12 AM »

Whoops!  I posted a general comment about field day, so I removed it.  Too late I saw that this thread concerned mobile field day operating!  73!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:25:57 AM by K1CJS » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: