Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Again, I put forth the question.....  (Read 7795 times)
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 04:55:33 PM »

I sent off an email to one of the team members who I know personally, asking if he knows anything.

No guarantees but I am hoping he has some news.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 04:56:51 PM »

I wish I could cancel my donation as well but I used Paypal to make my donation instead of a credit card and I have no idea how Paypal handles those cases.

Given that it was a donation and not merchandise, I suspect you are SOL. PayPal will only protect you for merchandise.

My credit card company has refunded my account for transactions with unscrupulous vendors more times than I can count and some were for large sums. They have also always sided with me in disputes.  I really did not even want to open a Paypal account since I know very little about them.  I only use it for DXpedition donations and I never keep more than a small amount in my account.

Yeah I'm afraid the record is less than stellar with PayPal and disputes. I try to avoid them if at all possible, and now for a number of other reasons which I will not go into here.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 05:03:20 PM »

I sent off an email to one of the team members who I know personally, asking if he knows anything.

No guarantees but I am hoping he has some news.

Your help is appreciated.  I think we all must be able to relate to hams who for one reason or another can't get a QSL card. 
WO2C

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2013, 08:03:23 PM »

Hey Vince,
I can't offer any guidance here, having received my ZL9HR QSL (and LOTW) a few months ago after using their OQRS. I can think of no reason why others haven't received theirs, as well. Perhaps, I just "got lucky"?
Anyway, drop me an email and we'll set up a sked. It won't be as exotic as ZL9HR, but you're certain to receive a QSL from me.  Grin
Take care of yourself and 73 from California,
Ray
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 08:27:01 PM »

I shall Ray...Good to see you on here!...Let me know when you are coming into town...Hopefully it will be longer than last time....I still listen on .52, but have been hanging out with Seth on the .03 repeater 123 PL during morning and 5pm drive times...maybe you can hook into the repeater via echolink and join us sometime???......E-mail is forthcoming......73 man!...... Shocked Grin Cheesy.............

V
KA3NRX

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:31:12 PM by KA3NRX » Logged
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 11:41:20 AM »

So he replied back and said he isn't handling QSLing and that it is strictly with the QSL manager and couldn't really offer any assistance.

So I guess Paul's advice in contacting NCDXF and others is what you should follow. I don't know how that would turn put either given the controversy but its worth a shot.

At the least they should just upload the log to lotw...
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 12:21:02 PM »

Didn't they already upload everything, or are they doing it selectively? I requested a card on 12/12, got LoTW confirmation on 01/03, and received the card on 03/11.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 12:37:06 PM »

So he replied back and said he isn't handling QSLing and that it is strictly with the QSL manager and couldn't really offer any assistance.

So I guess Paul's advice in contacting NCDXF and others is what you should follow. I don't know how that would turn put either given the controversy but its worth a shot.

At the least they should just upload the log to lotw...

Ryan, I have a LoTW verification and I think Vince does as well, but due to the rarity of the entity we would also like QSL cards just like almost everybody else has received. We donated just like the rest of you guys and we are entitled to a QSL.  So, not one member of that team will handle 3 QSL cards and none know the QSL manager well enough to drop him an email and ask that he take care of our problem? Nice group of hams.

I find it very disturbing that when several members of the ZL9HR team made their financial dispute with the two VK members of HARAOA public in this forum (9M6XRO, who mentioned my call specifically, and ZL3CW) and were seeking public support for their cause that I rallied to their cause and even went head-to-head with VK3YP in this very forum stating his club should split all the donations received equally instead of keeping them for their club. Yet, now that I and two others need some help in receiving a QSL card not one member is willing to help the three of us out. I now wish I had kept my mouth shut as did just about every other member of this forum. I have a feeling if I had kept quiet I would've received my QSL months ago as did most everybody else.

Well, I've learned the lesson.  If you see obvious financial chicanery you are better off keeping quiet otherwise it may cost you a QSL card.

ZL9HR.  What a friggin joke!!!

NU1O
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:41:40 PM by NU1O » Logged
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 08:23:02 AM »

Ryan, I have a LoTW verification and I think Vince does as well, but due to the rarity of the entity we would also like QSL cards just like almost everybody else has received. We donated just like the rest of you guys and we are entitled to a QSL.  So, not one member of that team will handle 3 QSL cards and none know the QSL manager well enough to drop him an email and ask that he take care of our problem? Nice group of hams.

I find it very disturbing that when several members of the ZL9HR team made their financial dispute with the two VK members of HARAOA public in this forum (9M6XRO, who mentioned my call specifically, and ZL3CW) and were seeking public support for their cause that I rallied to their cause and even went head-to-head with VK3YP in this very forum stating his club should split all the donations received equally instead of keeping them for their club. Yet, now that I and two others need some help in receiving a QSL card not one member is willing to help the three of us out. I now wish I had kept my mouth shut as did just about every other member of this forum. I have a feeling if I had kept quiet I would've received my QSL months ago as did most everybody else.

Well, I've learned the lesson.  If you see obvious financial chicanery you are better off keeping quiet otherwise it may cost you a QSL card.

NU1O

Well, don't shoot the messenger.

There was obviously a big dispute with the whole financial "scandal" as you said.

It is sad that the whole thing ended this way. It sucks you didn't get a card. Lesson learned I guess.
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2013, 08:42:59 AM »

NU1O

There was obviously a big dispute with the whole financial "scandal" as you said.

It is sad that the whole thing ended this way. It sucks you didn't get a card. Lesson learned I guess.

Hi Ryan:

Hey just a note to say thanks for your efforts....Greatly appreciated here...as far as the whole thing "ending this way".....I can't speak for anyone else, but I have nothing to do with that.....as I mentioned before, I don't care who made off with who's money....I don't care about who made off with who's wife or girlfriend....I don't care about other people's drama unless someone's physical life on these expeditions is in danger.....I just want what I paid for....nothing more, nothing less.....this thing "ending this way" should not be a factor in determining who receives their QSLs in a timely fashion and who doesn't.....and if it does, there is a HUGE problem.......because many people will wind up losers in one way or another.....I have said enough on this.....again, I thank you for your help....

V
KA3NRX
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 09:16:51 AM »

How did I shoot the messenger, Ryan? I wrote that I appreciated your help when you stated you'd contact one of the team members.

What really pisses me off is that when 9M6XRO was looking for public support in this forum and singled out my call I supported him and the other 7 who were not given their share of the donations.

Now that I need some help from the members I supported the message is loud and clear: You are on your own.

We are not talking about 100 QSLs here.  Three of us need a f***ing QSL!

NU1O
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 09:19:51 AM »

BTW, Ryan. I'm not asking for the name or call of the team member you contacted but what was the reason he gave for not being able to help us?  I already know who the QSL manager is.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:26:08 AM by NU1O » Logged
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 11:02:35 AM »

He said that none of them had anything to do with QSLing and they didn't even get a sample QSL.

So that particular person doesn't even have blank QSLs to make out a QSL to you. It would make sense, since the QSLs get shipped to the manager directly.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2013, 03:51:40 PM »

He said that none of them had anything to do with QSLing and they didn't even get a sample QSL.

So that particular person doesn't even have blank QSLs to make out a QSL to you. It would make sense, since the QSLs get shipped to the manager directly.

I am starting to think not working them wasn't a bad thing.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2013, 06:18:51 PM »

I am starting to think not working them wasn't a bad thing.

I'm not familiar with all the financial / political issues.  All I can say is, they worked DX well, I was happy to have 3 Bands, they used LOTW which showed up after - followed by a nice QSL card.   I'm grateful they went and thank them for ZL9 and all their hard work.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: