Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got my slant AG  (Read 3822 times)
KV4PL

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2013, 04:49:32 AM »

I took the tech test 2 weeks ago and took the General last night and passed. Something I've always wanted to do. I just got a Icom ic-706 but haven't been able to get on the air yet, still working on getting an antenna up. I built a 2 meter j pole last weekend and my coax arrived yesterday so I hope to be working this weekend. I used Dan Romanchick's No-Nonsense License Study Guide for the tech and general test and did many sample tests on eham.net until I was getting a 90% + on each test. I'm planning on taking the extra next month.
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 07:08:43 AM »

Firstly - Congratulations!

Secondly - grab what you need to build a dipole. Even a 10M one and get on the air.
10M has been busy lately and you will better retain what you learned by putting it into practice.

Clint - W5CPT - 
WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 10:30:43 AM »

Is slant AG a new license class?  Huh

Congrats on the the slant AG  Grin

Rick  wn2c
AC7DX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 11:22:28 AM »

CONGRATS!!!!
KV4PL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 03:58:29 PM »

Thanks. I have a G5RV jr I'm going to put up for now until I can get a tower up and decide what to do for antenna's.  I thought the tech and general were relatively easy, I just started studying for the extra and there's a big jump in difficulty. This one is going to be tough.
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 05:13:21 AM »

Congratulations! I agree with W5CPT that 10M is a great place. Some impressive DX can be had there. My second contact as a Tech was with an Australian there, and the other day I spoke with a guy in Argentina -- all with less than 100 W. It's a fun band.
KV4PL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 01:05:10 PM »

Congratulations! I agree with W5CPT that 10M is a great place. Some impressive DX can be had there. My second contact as a Tech was with an Australian there, and the other day I spoke with a guy in Argentina -- all with less than 100 W. It's a fun band.

I don't know if it's just my antenna, but I haven't heard anything on 10 meters. There has been a lot of activity on 20 meters and I've made a lot of contacts all over the world so far on 20 and 40 meters.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: