Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You know conditions suck and you are bored when there's a huge pile up for......  (Read 5780 times)
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 06:53:45 PM »

K0YQ wrote:
Hopefully he wasn't one of the virtual lids.

Not at all.  He was a good op in the simulation, just as I have heard him on the air.
Chuck  NI0C
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »

I "worked" my first eHam DX forum regular on "Pileup Runner" today.  It was Paul, K3STX.  I use the call P5NK in the simulation.  Sorry, Paul, that it wasn't the real thing!
Chuck  NI0C

That's funny when that happens.  Hopefully he wasn't one of the virtual lids.

That is funny. It really is fun to compare MorseRunner in "non-QRM/QSB" mode vs. "QRM/QRN/QSB/lids". What a difference.

p
NQ3X

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 07:04:15 PM »

....me.  You'd think people would have KP2 in their logs on 15, but this afternoon's pile was bigger than I anticipated.  Shocked  For a moment I thought about going split, but decided against it.

73 de Bob WP2XX
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »

BAD band conditions? I could NOT tell because D-STAR was WIDE OPEN from my shack to just about EVERYWHERE in the world & everyone waited for their turn as they should EVERYWHERE but they don't as we all know.Some people just can't understand why the DX stations get mad at them or won't answer them when they are calling 4's ONLY & they keep answering with their 5,6,or other number call signs.Wonder sometimes if some of these people actually hear the DX stations at all ? A really GOOD thing about D-STAR is NOBODY is EVER tuning up on the DX stations. Wink   Grin   Smiley

de W4KVW
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 11:13:02 PM »

WWW Coordinated Universal Time

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 02:49:04 AM »

I'm sure W4KVW's comments about D-STAR(TM) were tongue-in-cheek, but what exactly does constitute "DX" on D-STAR, Echolink, IRLP, CQ100, etc? Perhaps the length of the Internet circuit?
My Internet connection is via two-way satellite. Maybe I could claim any Internet-interconnected DX QSOs for Satellite DXCC?
Back on topic, what pileups for "ordinary" DX did we find today? I scanned quickly through 20 m phone this afternoon, and found pileups on VK and ZL stations.
Luke VK3HJ
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 09:14:49 AM »

I'm sure W4KVW's comments about D-STAR(TM) were tongue-in-cheek, but what exactly does constitute "DX" on D-STAR

All I know is that anybody that can program and use a D-Star radio deserves DXCC no matter who they work.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 10:10:14 AM »

Just trying to lighten the mood guys & D-STAR just keeps things going when the REAL DX is resting.I am a DX chaser myself & YES the bands have been BAD for a while.South America appears to always be open from here in North Florida & just about every day for over a week even on 6 meters.If 6 meters would just give up a single KL7 that is still in Alaska I think I would almost cry from being so happy for finally getting that WAS on the "MAGIC BAND" but I'm not holding my breath. {:>)   Cheesy

Clayton
W4KVW
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »

...a beacon.

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: