Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to be in Popular Communications!  (Read 1084 times)
KI4OZG

Ignore
« on: May 31, 2013, 12:54:51 PM »

The other day on Popular Communications Facebook page they had posted asking for people to share picture(s) and description of their SWL/Scanner monitoring station. I posted a picture of my radio setup and they said they were going to use it.

The Editor then emailed me for some additional information and since I'm a ham radio operator and the Public Information Officer for the Calhoun County Amateur Radio Association in Anniston, AL, the Public Information/Relations Officer for the Calhoun County ARES/RACES Group, and the Electronic Media Public Information for the Alabama ARRL Section this will be a great way to share and show how the hobby of SWL/Scanning/Ham Radio can be a lot of fun.

Here's a link to the Facebook post from Popular Communications: https://www.facebook.com/PopComm/pos...51405753771126

W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 03:07:09 PM »

CONGRATS.I know that feeling.Bob Heil-K9EID has a NEW book out called,HEIL HAM RADIO HANDBOOK 2ND EDITION.On page 55 is a black & white photograph of my TARHEEL II screwdriver antenna mounted on the back of my Dodge quad cab & you can see the photo in color(RED)on my QRZ.com page.It's the 1st time I think anything I photographed has been published in a world wide publication.Bob gave me an Autographed copy of the book at the 2013 Dayton HAMVENTION.  Grin

Clayton
W4KVW
VA1CQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 04:04:36 AM »

When I applied for my shiny new registration of VEPC1CQ via PopCom, I received a friendly email in return from editor Richard Fisher KPC6PC/KI6SN. He asked me to send a pic of my monitoring setup showing the registration certificate on my wall. Problem is my SWL setup is in the living room and I really don't have any place to physically hang the certificate. His email sat in my Inbox for over a year as I felt guilty to ignore the request. I finally filed the email in my email archives on a rainy Sunday when nobody was looking.

Anybody who has interesting photos of their monitoring setup, forward a copy to Popular Communications editor Richard. They always appreciate them and, who knows, maybe they'll immortalize you in their mag.
K0JEG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 10:29:50 AM »

The May 2013 issue of QST has a picture of our club (Ski Country ARC) on the Field Day announcement page.

Unfortunately I had to leave early and didn't get in the photo!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: