Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Played with Feld Hell tonight.  (Read 9618 times)
AD9DX

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2013, 05:51:01 PM »

So some friends and I played with Feld Hell tonight on 40m. We had a great time using a brand new "to us" mode. The only issue, the JT65ers were encroaching really bad. 

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 06:41:34 PM »

Welcome to Hell!   It is a great mode with a lot of great operators around the country and around the world. 

If you're interested, you should check out the Feld Hell Club (https://sites.google.com/site/feldhellclub/).  They sponsor monthly sprints and a couple of longer contests each year.  Lot's of great ops in the club and you can almost always find someone to chat with on the air. 

Dave
K3DCW

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 05:47:33 AM »

I wish bands were better yesterday. What band will I find most activity on?  40m seemed to be the only band working well yesterday afternoon for such activity.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 11:54:52 AM »

Hell is one of my favorite digital modes. The only problem is finding someone to QSO with. I can call CQ on 20m or 15m for literally hours and not get a reply.

Be sure you have RSID turned on to help people who are not good at recognizing a mode by sound.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 03:26:18 PM »

Hell is one of my favorite digital modes. The only problem is finding someone to QSO with. I can call CQ on 20m or 15m for literally hours and not get a reply.

Be sure you have RSID turned on to help people who are not good at recognizing a mode by sound.

Good advice. I have a strange goal to go along with my relentless pursuit of DX. I want to get WAS on as many digital modes as I can. Feld Hell was one I had never tried. Great fun.

Now if I could only get Hawaii using JT65

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 04:29:01 AM »

It is a neat mode, but like others, I seem to have a hard time finding people on the air except during one of the sprints.   Is there a favorite calling frequency/band that most people use?
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 09:07:48 AM »

It is a neat mode, but like others, I seem to have a hard time finding people on the air except during one of the sprints.   Is there a favorite calling frequency/band that most people use?

I called on 14.063 for nearly an hour and got nothing.

https://sites.google.com/site/feldhellclub/Home/feld-hell-faq

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 10:07:42 AM »

Try around 14.073 or so......

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 03:37:25 PM »

https://sites.google.com/site/feldhellclub/Home/feld-hell-faq

Sorry you had trouble finding people.  Around that time, I was up on 15m (21074-ish) wkg LU5BE in Feld Hell. 

Oftentimes, you are better off looking just about the PSK31 bands (14073, 21073, etc) using RSID and calling CQ.  More people are around those freqs; they'll answer just about any mode with RSID.  There is often DX up there as well.  14063 is more active during the evenings and weekends...during the weekday hours, stay where there is more activity.

Also, feel free to sign on and let others know that you're using Feld Hell: http://hamspots.net/fh/

Hope this stuff helps.

Dave
K3DCW 

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 04:26:08 AM »

Welcome to Hell!

Most of us who belong to the FH Club also belong to the club's Yahoo group http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/feldhellclub/

What many of us do is post a short message on the Yahoo page announcing that you are QRV on a certain frequency. This way, the word get out to all of the other club members that someone is out there.

Good luck!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: