Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigaparts doesn't do what they say....  (Read 36734 times)
KC9TSO

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2013, 03:51:33 PM »

I know I am a brand new member of this forum but I felt compelled to finally join so I could post this review of GigaParts.

I decided to order an IC-7200 from GigaParts instead of my local AES because I liked the idea of the custom paint job. So I placed an order on April 25th for a Multi-cam colored IC-7200 with color matched handles. With me being a relatively new ham and buying my first HF rig, I wanted something that was alittle different and special. I paid with my Paypal to the amount of $1,353.95 USD. This was withdrawn on April 29th by GigaParts.

Here is my confirmation of my BuySafe guarantee
  Purchase Date:    4/26/2013 12:02:16 AM GMT
Store:    Gigaparts.com
Order ID:    0059952347

This is your official buySAFE Certificate of Guarantee that is provided to you and paid for by Gigaparts.com.

After more than a week and not hearing anything I decided to call and see what was going on with the order. I understand that the custom paint would make things take longer but what would a call hurt? Whoever answered it checked in the back and said it just needed to be reassembled and tested before they could ship it out to me. They said they would email me and let me know the status. I waited a few days with no email. So I called again and this time someone said that a Multi-cam radio would take more than a month before I could get it. I asked what happened to the one the last guy talked about, this person was unsure. I explained that I hoped to have this radio in time for Field Day and waiting a month would be cutting it too close. He asked if I would be willing to take an OD green radio instead for a discount. I said I would be open to this idea. He said he couldn't find the handles but he would call me right back when he found them just to make sure it would ship out together....

SO another few days passed and no call, no email. I call back again and this time someone says they have a Multi-cam that is on the shelf and they would ship it out right away. I asked what was going on and they were unsure but they would email me the shipping confirmation as soon as we got off the phone..... Two days later with no email I decided to call again. This time I wrote down the name of who I talked to, Mike, N2NXL. He said I talked to him previously and he was had the radio but were waiting on the handles. I explained how unhappy I am with all this run around and no one knowing what the other was doing. I told him I was suppose to have the radio shipped out a few days earlier and this was unacceptable. He said he would send out the radio right away and send the handles when they found them. I wasn't holding my breath but I did get a shipping confirmation email this time and I was feeling better. Until the radio came......

On May 17th (Yes, 3 weeks after I ordered it), I opened up the box to find an OD green radio. You can imagine the roller coaster of emotions I have been riding with these guys and to have the let down of it not being multi-cam like the last person "inferred" So this time I decided to send an email instead of a call because now I want recorded of what is going on instead of my word vs someone elses. So I sent my original online receipt to Orderdesk@gigaparts.com with pictures of the radio box and radio asking why it is OD green when they said they had a multi-cam last time I called. I got this as a reply....

Hi Nate,

When last we spoke on the phone we discussed a replacement for the Multicam IC-7200 because of the extended delay on the Multicam paint job would take delivery past Field Day.

The lead time for a Multicam Radio is approximately 4 weeks.

Let me know what I can do for you.

Thanks,

Mike, N2NXL
GigaParts, Inc.

I responded with....

During my second phone call I was told of a 4 week wait on the multicam. But on my third phone call I was told that you did in fact have a multi cam there and were just looking for the handles. Do you have a direct line that I can talk to you personally about this whole order?

After no response for a couple hours I called and was able to get ahold of Mike. He expressed his apology for all the miscommunication. The Multi-cam radio they did have was a blemished paint job and they weren't gonna sell it. The other operators didn't know this (why not have it marked that it was going back) and none of them including him bothered to check the call log even though I told everyone that I have been calling about this. I asked why this wasn't made clear on my last call and that they were sending an OD green instead of multi-cam. I can't remember exactly what he said but I guess I do understand how we have come to this point. I asked about this discount that he talked about when he first brought up the OD green. He said he could take 125 bucks off the price. I asked for the full $250 off (the cost of the paint job) because of the wrong color and all the crap I had to put up with so far. All he could do is the 125 or I could send the radio back. Since I really just wanted to get on the air, I said $125 is gonna have to do. He was going to send me an email right away to show how things were remedied. Here is that email...

Hi Nate,

The total refund is
$110.00, 100 off of the paint job on the radio and 10 on the handles ($64.00 regular price).

I will follow up with an updated invoice today once the refund is final.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Mike Henriksen, N2NXL
GigaParts, Inc.
(866)535-4442

So now we are on June 3rd. Guess what. I still haven't been refunded any money. I also wasn't sent any of the paperwork to get the rebate on the radio of $25 that was put out by Icom at the time I purchased it. I am sure that rebate time has passed. How would any of you guys feel? I can get profane in explaining my displeasure with GigaParts but I am sure that would be unwelcome here.

So this is my review to the rest of the readers out their. GigaParts is not an honorable business. They don't care about how happy their customers are. They don't follow up like they say they will. They don't even refund the little bit of money that they said they would. I truly hope no one else gets as raw of treatment as I have. I am sure someone from their is gonna read this and try to email me or post to make this situation better. They can try but we are way past $125 now. I almost want to apologize AES from not just picking one up off the shelf from my local store in MKE. I have bought every other radio and accessory from them in the past but I really wanted the paint job. I guess we just call this a learning lesson....

Since I understand how forums work, please feel free to tell me your thoughts on the situation. Good or bad, I can take it.

Thank you for your time

73s
KC9TSO
KB1NXE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 05:36:16 PM »

Nate,

Just a bit of info.  I know you're frustrated and the paint notwithstanding, if you paid with a Credit Card, Gigaparts may have indeed posted the refund.  But the CC company has not posted back to you.  Many do this to earn short term 'float' interest income.  Your few buck isn't much, but when you add all the refunds together for a day, it's millions.  And then several days, now you're talking.

Jim
KC9TSO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 05:57:29 PM »

I know what your saying Jim but PayPal should have at least posted that it is a pending receiving. And I never had any other contact by phone or email about this. I can only assume they don't care about how much a 30 something new ham will spend in his lifetime.
NW4G

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 09:07:39 AM »

Hi Nate!

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble you have had ordering your IC-7200. I want to thank you for making this post, it’s been a great help in assisting me on some processes that related to the painted radios which can lead to poor customer service. In addition to the problems we have had with the paint shop damaging and doing a bad job on several jobs for those radios, we also had some internal processes surrounding ordering and stock status that caused poor service not only for you, but for several other customers who placed orders for painted radios around the same time frame.

I’m terribly sorry that we have put you through such a large amount of difficulty over what should have been a very simple and straight forward transaction. At several points my team attempted to do things to make it right, but we continued to drop the ball time and time again. The reason you haven’t yet been issued a refund is yet another example of the same. I could give you a list of reasons and a detailed explanation of what went on from our end, but it’s all really moot. Everyone here strongly desires and expects to deliver exceptional customer service and in this case, we most certainly have not.

This has prompted a review of all of the transactions that may have been affected by similar circumstances and our team is going to use those reviews to improve the level of service we give in the future. We do make mistakes and when we do, we do our very best to make things right. In this case I am personally issuing a refund for the full amount of the paint job, $250.00. If this doesn't completely satisfy you please let me know, I’ll be glad to send a shipping label so that you can return the radio for a full refund.

The $25 rebate offer is still available and you can download the needed form here: http://www.gigaparts.com/icomrebate/

Once again, my sincerest apologies.

George Howard, NW4G
Amateur Radio Division Manager
www.gigaparts.com
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 10:16:03 AM »

Great mea culpa from Gigaparts. That's the way real businesses handle embarrassing problems.  Even the best mess up... but only rarely. Tip of the hat to GP!

Contrast GP's fast and gracious response with the silence of the perennially incompetent ham suppliers whose names regularly populate ham groups.

---
Next question, Why would anyone pay $250 for a custom camouflage paint job? You going into battle with that 7200?  LOL!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:29:20 AM by K0OD » Logged
KC9TSO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »

Thank you very much George. I have received an email of the refund. I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice response. I am satisfied with that amount of money. It is a nice radio. People have commented how nice the paint looks. I hope going forward these kinds of communication problems get solved. I work in the service industry as a mobile technician and know how important it is to business to keep the lines open and follow through on our promises. You have done well on this. In the future I may send more business your way for another chance at things.

Thanks again for the quick response.

73s
KC9TSO
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 04:46:53 PM »

GigaParts usually is one of the better dealers when it comes to order updates, although I've never ordered a custom rig from them. I ordered an Icom 7700 from them on Monday after having a good experience with a mic and some other small-ticket items a couple of years ago.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 01:19:52 PM »

I called Gigaparts & ordered a screwdriver antenna controller for my ICOM 7000 & TARHEEL II & waited 5 days & did not receive it.I called them back & checked there information.I waited & when you young man came back to the phone he advised me that the package was in their shipping department & he did not know why it had not shipped & he would have it out the next day.I advised him that he could keep it since it should have already been delivered much less shipped.He cancelled my order & charged me a restock fee for an item they never even shipped.I placed an order for the same item from HRO & received it in two days.This is my last dealings with Gigaparts.That is NOT high speed shipping as Gigaparts advertises & charging me the restock fee was a stupid choice on their part since I should have already had the item several days earlier.

Clayton
W4KVW
NW4G

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 11:15:23 PM »

I called Gigaparts & ordered a screwdriver antenna controller for my ICOM 7000 & TARHEEL II & waited 5 days & did not receive it.I called them back & checked there information.I waited & when you young man came back to the phone he advised me that the package was in their shipping department & he did not know why it had not shipped & he would have it out the next day.I advised him that he could keep it since it should have already been delivered much less shipped.He cancelled my order & charged me a restock fee for an item they never even shipped.I placed an order for the same item from HRO & received it in two days.This is my last dealings with Gigaparts.That is NOT high speed shipping as Gigaparts advertises & charging me the restock fee was a stupid choice on their part since I should have already had the item several days earlier.

Clayton
W4KVW

Hi Clayton!

I'm so sorry to hear you didn't have a positive experience with us. I looked into your order from January and I see that you ordered a tuner and then cancelled the order due to a shipping delay. Since it's been so long, it's hard for me to tell what the details were but I can see right off the bat you weren't charged a restocking fee. We don't charge restocking fees for items that haven't left the building.

I do see you weren't credited for the full amount you were charged, it looks like Carl made an error when he did your credit and shorted you $5.00. Since it's been so long, I can't refund that money without getting updating information from you. I would be happy to mail you a check along with a $25 gift card toward any future purchase, give me a shout so we can set it up!

Thank you so much for posting here and letting me know about this, I never want to have an unhappy customer, much less a customer who no longer wants to do business with me. Let me make it right.

George Howard - NW4G
866-535-4442 x133
nw4g@gigaparts.com
www.gigaparts.com
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 05:06:26 AM »

Knocking a company like Gigaparts who have little to no complaints against them while promoting a company like RadioMart that have enough complaints against them to fill the Library of Congress???  Me thinks there's something wrong there!!!
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 06:58:09 PM »

Hi,

Always, always ask to speak with management if you don't get
satisfaction at the sales level.  Be polite and ask for what
you want, you most likely will receive great customer service!

73 james
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »

Knocking a company like Gigaparts who have little to no complaints against them while promoting a company like RadioMart that have enough complaints against them to fill the Library of Congress???  Me thinks there's something wrong there!!!

Indeed!  Maybe he'll keep on ordering from Radiomart.  If so, keep us posted Clayton.  On second thought nevermind.  We know how that movie ends...

Vince
AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 04:03:52 AM »

In regard to Gigaparts, I have been waiting since Saturday for a response from them to my inquiry about correct pricing for the micro tuning units (MTU) to fit the FTDX-9000mp.  I am considering purchasing a new FTDX-9000mp with the three optional MTUs, but the MTUs are factory installed and should be ordered when you purchase the radio.

Gigaparts has the best price for that radio as an internet on-line sale only, but the MTUs they list as compatible to the 9000, are actually the more expensive MTUs in kit form that go with the FT 2000 and FT 5000. They do not have the correct ones listed, so that prevents someone from ordering the radio and the MTUs together and also qualify for the on-line price.

I contacted Gigaparts sales desk last Saturday, the sales person acknowledged the incorrect MTUs were associated with the FT-9000 on their site, but he could not find the price for the correct ones. He stated, that he would check on it and would send an email to me with that information.  As a follow up, I also sent a sales inquiry through their website on Sunday evening.  However, I have not yet received a response from them.  

Due to a lack of response, I now plan to contact Texas Towers to inquire whether they will price match.  I've purchased several towers and transceivers from them before with great service, so if they will price match, I will go with them again.

AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 10:13:09 AM »

In regard to Gigaparts, I have been waiting since Saturday for a response from them to my inquiry about correct pricing for the micro tuning units (MTU) to fit the FTDX-9000mp.  I am considering purchasing a new FTDX-9000mp with the three optional MTUs, but the MTUs are factory installed and should be ordered when you purchase the radio.

Gigaparts has the best price for that radio as an internet on-line sale only, but the MTUs they list as compatible to the 9000, are actually the more expensive MTUs in kit form that go with the FT 2000 and FT 5000. They do not have the correct ones listed, so that prevents someone from ordering the radio and the MTUs together and also qualify for the on-line price.

I contacted Gigaparts sales desk last Saturday, the sales person acknowledged the incorrect MTUs were associated with the FT-9000 on their site, but he could not find the price for the correct ones. He stated, that he would check on it and would send an email to me with that information.  As a follow up, I also sent a sales inquiry through their website on Sunday evening.  However, I have not yet received a response from them.  

Due to a lack of response, I now plan to contact Texas Towers to inquire whether they will price match.  I've purchased several towers and transceivers from them before with great service, so if they will price match, I will go with them again.

Update: Gigaparts did finally contact me and apologized for the delay in their response.  I may do business with them after all.  If it's a positive experience, I'll be happy to report that too.  From some of the previous posts by NW4G, it shows they do care about customer satisfaction, and that goes a long way for me.

W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 02:38:47 PM »

Well that is your opinion.I give feedback to each dealer or person based on how I am treated by that person or business which makes sense to the average person who is so set against one dealer that they can only think of that dealer or person like yourself.What you should do it rate EVERYONE by how they treat you & not the rest of the world since after all you are not speaking for the entire world or someone you don't know just yourself.I have not PROMOTED anyone,I gave HONEST "FEEDBACK" on Radiomart & GigaParts & maybe you should try doing the same because somebody else gets treated FAIRLY it makes you ill OM.Get a life & grow up.

I would also like to THANK "GIGAPARTS" for the refund & other items that I received TODAY.I hope EVERYONE is happy because I sure am & for sure I want the person quoted above who wants to rule everybody's life & choices in life to be HAPPY because he appears MISERABLE as he can be & wants everyone else too join him.  Grin   Smiley   Cheesy  {:>)  }:>)   Wink

Clayton
W4KVW   
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: