Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigaparts doesn't do what they say....  (Read 37641 times)
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 02:59:36 PM »

Knocking a company like Gigaparts who have little to no complaints against them while promoting a company like RadioMart that have enough complaints against them to fill the Library of Congress???  Me thinks there's something wrong there!!!

Indeed!  Maybe he'll keep on ordering from Radiomart.  If so, keep us posted Clayton.  On second thought nevermind.  We know how that movie ends...

Buy from whomever you wish.See above posting for you as well.I call them like I see them by how they treat ME & not YOU or the rest of the world.Until I have a bad experience WITH anyone INCLUDING Martyn-K4TEC & Radiomart.com & whomever I decide & it will be based on MY experiences with him & his company or whomever I dealt with.If I should have a BAD ONE with him or anyone else FYI it will be posted just like the GOOD ONES I've had so since you have nothing else to do try & keep up so you don't miss anything. hahahehe When you are in charge of my finances you may then make that decision so that will be NEVER so get over it or learn to like it bubba because YOU nor anyone else is not changing who I am so I hope that bothers you so bad you can't sleep until you get a life & worry about YOU & YOURS. LOL {:>)  }:>)  Smiley   Cheesy   Grin   Wink  THANKS AGAIN GigaParts for the package! {:>)

Clayton
W4KVW
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 06:55:58 PM »

Your post is mostly assumptions, Clayton.  I look at other people's feedback before I order from a company.  I never did order from your buddy Martyn since his feedback is atrocious.  Your feedback about Gigaparts went against almost every other feedback about them.  I wouldn't hesitate to order from them--and THAT is why I said what I said.

If you can't stand the heat, either stop throwing fuel on the fire or get out of the kitchen.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 08:47:28 PM »

Your post is mostly assumptions, Clayton.  I look at other people's feedback before I order from a company.  I never did order from your buddy Martyn since his feedback is atrocious.  Your feedback about Gigaparts went against almost every other feedback about them.  I wouldn't hesitate to order from them--and THAT is why I said what I said.

If you can't stand the heat, either stop throwing fuel on the fire or get out of the kitchen.

Well FYI.I met Martyn-K4TEC at Dayton Hamvention 2013 & had not dealt with him in the past for any reason.After myself & two friends had purchased several radios from him there.One of the rigs I purchased from him was defective & I returned it to him.He in turn returned a NEW replacement radio the same day in the same shipping box that I used to return the defective rig NO QUESTIONS ASK.One of the friends who was with me & purchased two radios from him in Dayton realized that he is the same dealer that he had purchased another HT from online several months before.Between the THREE of us we now have at least FOUR rigs & are all very pleased with the radios & service provided by Martyn-K4TEC & Radiomart.Some people think it's a CRIME too post POSITIVE FEEDBACK on a dealer if someone else has posted bad feedback for them & that I should not post negative feedback if I had bad dealings with a dealer? That's STUPID as is the person who thinks I'm going to post how they want me to post.I take orders from nobody so they are wasting their time.The issue with GigaParts was resolved TODAY as I posted above so I let everyone know just as I should have & anyone else whom I feel has not treated me fairly will be given the same treatment no matter who does or does NOT like or agree with it.I'm not here to make anybody happy.My friends & I all agree we will purchase from him again when the need arises without hesitation. GOOD & BAD transactions need to be posted so that everyone can see the whole picture not just one side.{:>)   Grin   Smiley   Cheesy   Wink  }:>)

Clayton
W4KVW
WU9F

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2013, 09:24:01 PM »

I have been a fan and customer of theirs (Gigaparts) for some time.  They are the nearest brick and mortar store to my location, a and I like to purchase from people I feel I know.  I have purchased several radios, antennas, books, and miscellaneous items.  Everything went well until the last order.

I ordered an antenna, coax, and a speaker to be used for field day.  I ordered on Thursday morning and requested it ship UPS since I would have it the next day.  The young man that took my order assured me it would ship that day UPS.  I normally get a shipping notice emailed later in the day.  None was received.

The next morning I got one from the USPS indicating one box would arrive Saturday and one on Monday.  This would be too late for field day.  I immediately contacted the company and a young lady responded that it should get there in time.  If it did not they would compensate me for it.  I have no idea how that is compensated, but I had no assurance it would arrive. 

It did arrive Saturday, but a few hours after I was supposed to be at the event.  I was the extra class control operator for that shift but could not be the because I was stuck at home waiting for the mail in hopes it would arrive.  The mail lady finally got there, we put the boxes in my truck and off I went, late but on my way, to field day.  When I arrived we unpacked the boxes.  Everything was there for the antenna and it went up without incident.  The speaker arrived, but there was no cord to connect it to the radio.  It would not be. Useable for field day.

On Monday I followed up with the lady at Gigaparts.  I felt on Friday she minimized the effect this had on my situation, but Monday she just blew me off.  I understand problems happen.  They can usually be resolved.  The way I felt I was treated really irritated me, and I don't get upset easily.  Had I known how that order would have gone I would have ordered from HRO.  They are only one day shipping as well. 

I ordered from them because of the service I had received in the past in both mail order and on site purchases.  This last experience makes me question my continued loyalty.  While it may not have been viewed as a problem to them, it certainly was to me.  The fact it got there and most could be used for field day, it still caused a significant difficulty for me and our team. 

I was clear when I placed my order it had to arrive at my place on Friday.  That was clearly understood out front.  Why it was shipped wrong I don't know and it really makes no difference.  But, it was compounded by unacceptable response from the lady in customer service.  I would not have ordered from them had I known what would transpire...and especially with the after sale issues were handled.  If they made a mistake and just acknowledged it and made any effort to correct it everything would have been fine.  However, they just blew my complaints off and treated me like a grade school kid.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 06:03:10 AM »

...I ordered an antenna, coax, and a speaker to be used for field day.  I ordered on Thursday morning and requested it ship UPS since I would have it the next day.  The young man that took my order assured me it would ship that day UPS.  I normally get a shipping notice emailed later in the day.  None was received.

The next morning I got one from the USPS indicating one box would arrive Saturday and one on Monday.  This would be too late for field day....

Not faulting you or your expectations, but this is something that frequently comes up--the quickness of the shipment.  Things happen, and an order on a Thursday with UPS shipping and expectations of a Friday delivery is pushing things a bit--especially with a company like UPS.  Why didn't you order 'next day' delivery?  Or why didn't you take the time to actually go to the store itself since you say it's close.  UPS ground--even same zone ground--usually takes two to three business days to arrive, although some deliveries can happen the next day, that is the exception rather than the rule.

These days, everybody seems to want things done so they happen yesterday, and don't even want to hear about what could delay the expected results.  They also seem to want perfection--something that can happen, but should not be counted on.  Add to that the quickness of them getting things together, boxed and ready for shipment after being told that it was a rush order, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I can see and call your complaint about the incomplete/wrong parts order valid, but not the shipping--even if you're close to the store/shipping point.  And I can see why you're upset about being 'blown off' after you were told they would make things right.  But it seems to me that you waited a little too long to order and therefore didn't leave sufficient time to check things over and make sure the things you needed were as you expected.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 06:12:17 AM »

...GOOD & BAD transactions need to be posted so that everyone can see the whole picture not just one side.

Quite true.  However, why do you think a feedback system was established in the first place?  Only a total, complete idiot would take the whole of the feedback which contains hundreds of negative replies and only a handful of positive ones--then order from that company and expect to get exactly what they want. 

IN PERSON transactions are always better--you cab see exactly what you get from the start, and the seller can't do a switch and give you something less than what you expect.

BTW, I had to go through your post several times before I could understand what you said--please try to break up your long rambling sentences and use paragraphs so people CAN understand your posts.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2013, 07:49:50 AM »

...GOOD & BAD transactions need to be posted so that everyone can see the whole picture not just one side.

Quite true.  However, why do you think a feedback system was established in the first place?  Only a total, complete idiot would take the whole of the feedback which contains hundreds of negative replies and only a handful of positive ones--then order from that company and expect to get exactly what they want. 

IN PERSON transactions are always better--you cab see exactly what you get from the start, and the seller can't do a switch and give you something less than what you expect.

BTW, I had to go through your post several times before I could understand what you said--please try to break up your long rambling sentences and use paragraphs so people CAN understand your posts.

ENGLISH is such a tough language so you are not alone.I think it's better just to make your own choices with your purchases & let others do the same.I will continue doing just that & posting the GOOD & BAD results of those dealings no matter what anyone else thinks of them.That FREEDOM of CHOICE & SPEECH is a wonderful thing. {:>)   Wink   Grin   Smiley

Clayton
W4KVW
WU9F

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2013, 09:10:23 AM »

K1CJS...  The problem was they did NOT ship UPS.  They mailed it.  This was after a clear discussion on the need to have it there Friday or I would not order it.  I was assured it would ship UPS on Thursday.  I have sent and received hundreds of packages UPS and never failed to get one next day in the next day zone.  My real complaint was twofold.  First, it was not shipped as discussed, but more importantly the way the issue was handled when the mistake was discovered.  The attitude of apathy is not acceptable.  I ran businesses much larger than theist and smaller and understand fully things go wrong.  It is how the problem is handled that determines the quality of an organization more than the original problem itself.  In my mind it is not a problem until it is not properly resolved as in this case.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 04:06:36 PM »

Ah--I missed that.  You certainly do have a reason to complain.  73!
WU9F

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 07:47:06 AM »

I have waited to respond as a follow up intentionally.  On July 11 I received an e-mail from Gigaparts employee George Howard as a follow up to my message to them on the Monday of the week before.  In all reality it was probably as a result of this post.  His message was, "This deserves a well written two paragraph apology.".

It included the original support ticket number.  This was probably intended to be an internal memo, but it was sent to me as well.  While his memo is appreciated on the surface, it is more a slap in the face for two reasons.  First, because it was likely a response to this thread.  Second, because no further communication has been received after a week.  It would have been better had he left well enough alone.  What was at first a somewhat simple issue has continually become more irritating by their mishandling of the problem. 

I really don't think this is how they usually operate but it sure has been frustrating.  I hope this is not a pattern observed by others I have really liked their operation.
NW4G

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 08:46:54 AM »

I have waited to respond as a follow up intentionally.  On July 11 I received an e-mail from Gigaparts employee George Howard as a follow up to my message to them on the Monday of the week before.  In all reality it was probably as a result of this post.  His message was, "This deserves a well written two paragraph apology.".

It included the original support ticket number.  This was probably intended to be an internal memo, but it was sent to me as well.  While his memo is appreciated on the surface, it is more a slap in the face for two reasons.  First, because it was likely a response to this thread.  Second, because no further communication has been received after a week.  It would have been better had he left well enough alone.  What was at first a somewhat simple issue has continually become more irritating by their mishandling of the problem. 

I really don't think this is how they usually operate but it sure has been frustrating.  I hope this is not a pattern observed by others I have really liked their operation.

You are correct, it was in response to your posts here. I regularly monitor every avenue I can looking for customers who have a complaint, who are dissatisfied, or who we didn't service properly. I do this because I think it's a good business practice, I don't want to have unhappy customers and when a mistake is made it right whenever possible.

In this case, I thought a well written apology was a good step toward mending things. There was a lot more work that went on internally which included a review of some of our processes, coaching with Rebecca KK4SKL regarding how she handled your support request, and discussion at two team meetings. 

It's true we haven't closed the loop yet and that is my fault, I've had a request from our team pending to offer you a future credit on another purchase, to refund the freight you paid, or to send you a box of freebies. I haven't had a chance to review all of the information they sent me yet and I apologize for that.

You're right, that was an internal memo that was emailed to you, a clerical error on my part.

I'm very sorry that we have continued to prolong your agony, I'll go ahead and close out everything related to this so you won't get bugged by it anymore. If you should ever feel like giving us another try, feel free to contact me directly and I'll do something to make up for the error on your field day order.

George Howard, NW4G
Amateur Radio Division Manager
866-535-4442 x133
georgeh@gigaparts.com
www.gigaparts.com

WU9F

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 09:39:44 AM »

George... I appreciate the response...I think.  I'm not quite sure if it is an attempt at an honest response or a smart Alec response.  It really does not matter.  I am certainly not "in agony" over this issue.  This is a continued response where none was asked...or expected.  I did not ask for a "well worded two paragraph apology", though it may have been appreciated.  I did not ask for refunds, discounts, freebies, or even a rebate on the low price guarantee when you lowered the price on the radio I purchased a week later.  I really don't understand why it keeps resurrecting. 

Had a simple acknowledgement of error and a simple two word apology been given at the very start instead of condescending responses this would have been over long ago.  It has become a comedy of errors by you and your staff.  I believe you meant to remedy it, but it has constantly seemed as if your people just felt I was a jerk and try to find some way to blow me off. 

I have run business operations and am by familiar with dealing with customers and their issues.  My issue was important, but not life altering.  Mistakes happen.  They shouldn't, but in a real world they do.  It only becomes a problem if it is not taken care of in a proper manner in a TIMELY way.  No ones life is at stake.  No one is going to suffer damage that cannot be repaired.  My inconvenience several weeks ago was merely hat,an inconvenience for me and several others. 

Your staff may need training in dealing with customer issues.  One key part is to listen to the customer.  What are they really saying?  Listen for keys so the issue can be adequately resolved in a timely manner.  Neither your staff or its management should get defensive or snippy, and certainly not blow off customer complaints.  Just because its not a big deal for you does not mean it is not more important for others.  To this day no one I your organization has even begun to understand my frustration.  That's the problem.  I hope this is just a comedy of errors and not a pattern.

I hope your letter was actually sincere and not just another surface attempt to appease.  Words are very important, and choosing hem for a public response is very important.  My problem from the start is quite simple.  It is your organizations inability to show respect to a customer and understand his issue and resolve it.  It was not about he product being late or not shipping how it was expected.  That was not done right, but not the real issue.  It has always been he response.

As far as I'm concerned this issue is mute and dead.  I was actually checking your web site for a new hard drive for one of my computers when your e-mail came.  I think I will wait.  Lets just drop this whole thing and get on with life.  It has become way to blown out of proportion.  I do hope it can be a useful training exercise.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 07:51:52 PM »

hi

UPS and FedEx accept the packages and then
hand them off to the USPS for residential delivery,
unless you specify and pay for next day service it is like rolling the dice.

Same for Priority US Mail, unless you ship Express Mail there is no
guarantee for the delivery day. 

73 james
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 03:18:00 PM »

I hear ya get an extra 3 db from a camo paint job.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2013, 03:29:11 PM »

....UPS and FedEx accept the packages and then
hand them off to the USPS for residential delivery,
unless you specify and pay for next day service it is like rolling the dice.....
73 james

That is completely false....I have no idea where you came up with that.

Priority Mail from the USPS is handled by FedEx on the express delivery side, ie behind-the-scenes on planes if required, and then the mail returns to the Postal system at the other end for delivery.  Actually shipping with UPS or FedEx from the start involves them, start to finish.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: