Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xfinity / Comcast  (Read 2012 times)
N9LCD

Ignore
« on: June 09, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »

Their service / support STINKS!

Our cable went out during the last Bulls-Heat game.  No signal on either set.

Called Comcast support.  One "tech'.  One supervisor.  Almost 90 minutes.  Neither could understand that settings don't change by themselves when nobody's holding the controls and type F connectors don't come loose by themselves.

After running out to check the line into the house and pulling out the basement ceiling to check the splitter, it was miraculously announced "There's a service outage in your area. It'll be fixed by midnight".

After an irate letter to the CEO of Comcast, I found out they have NO WAY of knowing if there's an area-wide service outage.

THEY HAVE TO WAIT AND COUNT THE NUMBER OF COMPLAINTS COMING IN FROM A GIVEN AREA!

N9LCD

Huh 
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 02:04:36 PM »

Complaining about Comcast is like complaining about the Cubs not winning a world series  Cheesy
Just Google them and you can read thousands of complaints.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 07:35:15 AM »

It's called hyping up the offered services.  They always offer the 'we haves' but they never mention the 'buts' of their service.

Sure, they have circuit monitors and indicators that tell them that there is a fault in the system, but the one thing that they don't have is a trained technician at every site to read and interpret those monitors.
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 08:23:31 AM »

and they won't take help.  way back in 2011, I called up and told them we had bad audio on 8 or 10 channels, even suggested they go plug into the head end and listen.  nada.  oh, they swapped the set top box several times.  that's the "have you rebooted your computer yet?" of cable.

well, what you know, comes 9/11, and they still haven't fixed it... but you can't get through on the phone to see if they ever have plans to fix the audio on CNN, Fox, and the other channels.

two days later, I finally get through, and Miss Chirpy says, "oh, yes, we have a part ordered for the satellite dish, and they're air freighting it."  apparently hadn't heard everything was grounded, and stayed grounded for 5 days.

you can't argue with logic like that.  haven't had any trouble except rain fade with my DirectTV.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 08:47:58 AM »

Actually I have had much better luck with Comcast TV/Phone/Internet than I had with Verizon DSL/Phone service. Comcast has been pretty solid while Verison went out every time it rained. I have found with Comcast that it often pays to go to the local office rather than to deal with the toll-free number or Internet. I also found that the local office will discount costs as compared to their Web site.

I'm saving about $100 a month with Comcast TV/Phone/Internet over what I was paying for Comcast TV + Verison DSL/Phone.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:53:36 AM by AA4PB » Logged
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 03:57:26 AM »

One of the things that happen every so often is they will send out reset/reload commands to their set top boxes--during the times when most of their customers would be watching their TVs.  The last one (to me) happened at 6:30 PM yesterday (Sat., 6/15) cutting off the last few minutes of a show.  Their uncaring attitude to little things like that is what earns them the wrath of many.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: