Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZL9HR QSL  (Read 4675 times)
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 02:01:51 PM »

I like the $2 Bill.   I think most appreciate it and keep it.   They can google it... Ham radio operators don't have the IQ of your normal U.S. Voter...  Grin

I have used the $2 for years....... never a problem. Takes out some of that "Money inside" feel when squeezing the envelope.

I have used "M.D." behind my name from time to time, depending on where I was sending my QSL and request to.  When I was in SC, my neighbor's little girl used to hit me up for the foreign stamps all the time, so I just gave her envelopes and all. My neighbor told me once that his daughter asked "Dad, is Mr. Gene a DOCTOR?" hi hi

Works for me!

73, Gene AF3Y
I put "Dr. Stephen..." on my return address. I don't think anyone cares much that it's a Ph.D. in computer science. :-)

WX2S.

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 02:02:37 PM »

Your right and something I was just thinking about now that I started collecting stamps.   I got the international forever because it was one stamp and it wasn't obviously American like all my other stamps.. Flag..   I wanted to avoid our flag to some areas because not everyone likes us.  Because I want to limit exposure I started with the Forever and did pick up some flower regulars.  

I think I'll go find some mellow American stamps for the Internationals.  Mix it up.  

I enjoyed making a nice QSL card and the Ukraine printer is great.. $82 for 1000 heavy stock super glossy delivered to HI in a couple weeks.  I appreciate all cards, I figured I wanted mine to be something someone would enjoy..
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 03:06:08 PM »

I got the international forever because it was one stamp and it wasn't obviously American like all my other stamps.. Flag..   I wanted to avoid our flag to some areas because not everyone likes us.  Because I want to limit exposure I started with the Forever and did pick up some flower regulars.  

I think I'll go find some mellow American stamps for the Internationals.  Mix it up.  

You were right on the money with the international forevers (the ones with the globe). They are everywhere and nobody in foreign countries cares a whit about them at this point. This is a very good thing. It's one thing to send a stamp that's unusual or limited-edition within the U.S. or to an entity that has a known good, reliable postal system. But there are postal employees in places who love stamps and if they see something unusual they might give the envelope some unwanted attention. Don't be that guy.

Now that said, I've chatted with some guys who say how much they love getting unique stamps and I'll often send some of the unusual ones to them. On the other hand, if I'm sending mail to places whose governments are hostile to the United States, I'll forego the AirMail stickers and just use electronic postage (or a meter PVI sticker), with the envelope sealed by packing tape. It's a fine balancing act between securing the envelope and getting it through without having extra attention drawn to it.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 04:41:10 PM »

Another Idea!  Use the Forever International on the outside and put an unused special American stamp in there with a little post-it note - "For You! 73".  The price of a few cups of gas!   

Someone in the U.S. was nice enough to send me an ORIGINAL 1964 Ham Radio Stamp (I sent him my return postage from KS and a dollar (needed KS for WAS) and he gave me that back the stamp as change... VERY COOL!!..   

I've had a few in Europe send me some cool extra stuff.  I try to do the same.. I should stick some sand in the envelope.... Here from Hawaii!!   Grin Grin   But I think that's bad luck..   

I have some $.10 stamps.   I think I'll see what they have for regular stamps.   $1.15 International could be two regular and 3 $0.10.
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 06:29:45 PM »

My new alias when needed is "ISR International".   ISR was a little software company that a friend and I created when we were about 20 or so.  International Software Research.   We made about 20K.  Enough for food and beer.   Grin   Those were the days.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 07:46:18 PM »

My new alias when needed is "ISR International".   ISR was a little software company that a friend and I created when we were about 20 or so.  International Software Research.   We made about 20K.  Enough for food and beer.   Grin   Those were the days.

That's a good one. Completely generic. For the outbound, just stick with the international forever. Forget the oddball stuff unless you run out of forevers. If you want, toss in a couple of interesting domestics loose. I got some from Taiwan and the South Cooks like that. Really cool! Maybe a local item (postcard, photo, etc) of something special in Hawaii (not just a sunset/beach but something unique and local to you).

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 07:35:57 PM »

I had to get the new Johnny Cash and Muscle Car Limited Forever Stamps today....  Grin

Never thought I'd look at postage this way...   Grin

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?productId=S_579404&categoryId=subcatS_S_Sheets

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNavIds=catBuyStamps%3asubcatS_S_45cFirstClass&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=2&productId=S_470504&categoryId=subcatS_S_45cFirstClass
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 12:34:46 PM »

Adding some more online...

The Civil War: 1863 (Forever) Stamps

Ronald Reagan (Forever) Stamp - gotta have Reagan!

Muscle Cars (Forever) Stamps - these are great, wanted more.

Johnny Cash (Forever) Stamp  - More of these.

Major League Baseball All-Stars: Joe Dimaggio (Forever)

Mail a Smile (Forever) Stamps - Popular Disney Characters, Nemo etc.

Mark Twain (Forever) Stamp

K8CMO

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 12:00:37 PM »

I did finally get a response from EB7DX by e-mail.  He said that all the cards had been mailed and that mine was apparently lost, so he was sending another card.  However, that card apparently got lost also.  Still no card at this location.  I made a contribution through OQRS immediately after the QSO.
K8CMO

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 07:51:29 AM »

Is there anyone else who is STILL waiting for the ZL9HR QSL.  I contributed twice through OQRS back in December and has been confirmed in LOTW but would still like to get the card.  I was told that more than one card has been sent but none ever arrives here.  Is there anyone else still waiting?
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: