Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative to NetLogger?  (Read 2270 times)
pmraiders

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2013, 01:01:07 AM »

I have been using netlogger to get more in-depth check in lists when I check into nets that use it. The program serves a purpose but doesn't really do it that great.

Would the community be open to trying an alternative to netlogger if one was created? I already have conceived simple and low-bandwidth way to implement instant messages and the logging functionality can be made near instantaneous and bug-free. A database with a web interface to view logs of all nets would be easy. I also have some really cool QSL logging functionality in mind.

I wanted to see if anyone would even look at it before I look into developing it. Seems like a relatively simple project that I can host on extra server space I have laying around.

Jordan
KG7DBM
WS4E

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 04:13:41 PM »

There is already a web based version of netlogger.

http://netlogger.netlogger.org/

I have been using it myself instead of the native windows client for a few years now.

pmraiders

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 11:17:45 PM »

I have used both. The last few nets I checked into were buggy and check in updates were not happening. OMISS 40m had to cycle their netlogger session a few times.
W5ER

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 11:29:39 AM »

When a NCS has to restart it is usually not the fault of the software, but of the NC's computer, the online connection of said computer, or the ever present ISP saving money.

I know a lotof the NCs, heck I am one myself.  I'm pretty lucky that I live in a high density area, with reliable communications.  That is something that a lot of control stations do not have access to, instead they are limited to a dial up line, or lousy inforstructure between them and the ISP's base. 

I think that I had to restart only once and that was when a DUI tried to kill himself by taking down the telephone pole, he didn't but the momentary disruption end my bit stream.

73 Ed OM 62
pmraiders

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 10:59:59 PM »

When a NCS has to restart it is usually not the fault of the software, but of the NC's computer, the online connection of said computer, or the ever present ISP saving money.

I know a lotof the NCs, heck I am one myself.  I'm pretty lucky that I live in a high density area, with reliable communications.  That is something that a lot of control stations do not have access to, instead they are limited to a dial up line, or lousy inforstructure between them and the ISP's base. 

I think that I had to restart only once and that was when a DUI tried to kill himself by taking down the telephone pole, he didn't but the momentary disruption end my bit stream.

73 Ed OM 62

Ah I see. I didn't start pulling the software apart to see how it worked.

I think the lack of responses is a good answer to my question. Maybe I will work on something down the road.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: