Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Signal Link and FT-920  (Read 3514 times)
N7RST

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2013, 10:46:35 AM »

I have a Signal Link with teh 5 pin din that was hooked up to my FT-1000 and worked fine, but having a hard time getting it to work properly with the 920.  I hooked the same cable which I assume is correct to the 920, Data Mode USB, can decode RTTY (AFSK) but when I key the unit, it doesn't PTT the radio (if I use a foot switch it does), but no tones being sent. 

Any help?
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 04:13:01 AM »

Have you checked to make sure the cable hookups between the radio and Signalink are the same for the 1000 and the 920?   On my FT-950 I found I needed to enable "digital VOX" on the radio.  (Though footswitch/no tones probably means it isn't that.)
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 02:54:22 PM »

Got it going dinking around in some settings and sound levels.  No idea why anything changed as this was all hooked up and running on another Yaesu.  Murphy I suspect.
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 04:15:40 AM »

Got it going dinking around in some settings and sound levels.  No idea why anything changed as this was all hooked up and running on another Yaesu.  Murphy I suspect.

Over the last 6-8 years I've set up some combination of new radios, new interfaces, and new computers maybe 16-20 times.  And I think that EVERY time I've done it, I've had the physical connections set up correctly in a couple of minutes, but there's always some little setting that isn't quite right.  Like enabling "digital VOX" on my 950, or adjusting the sound card output when switching from one T60 laptop to another T60.  Finding and fixing that one little glitch takes a LOT longer than the physical setup.  And once it's done, everything works just fine. 

At least these days I KNOW to expect the "one little glitch" and I know I'll spend 20-30 minutes figuring it out before the new setup works properly.  :-)  At first it was frustrating; now it's just part of the routine.  :-)   73!  --ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: