Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My favorite 2013 FD QSO was ......?  (Read 1845 times)
W3HKK

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:38:26 AM »

Come on now. Surely you have one!
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 01:03:34 PM »

Not a single QSO but my favorite was on 160M when I was running in the evening. Nothing rare, but the 160 regulars were able to find me!

I also worked a couple of fellow regular NS sprinters. Not so much that they were loud, just with good efficient operating patterns, actually standing out from the rest as a result.
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 01:29:48 PM »

We worked a 0 in MN who was  videoing a series of QSOs for YouTube, so got to hear one of our new ops making the contact with him. 

Last year a 6 in CA on his bicycle did the same thing, pedaling down the Coastal Highway,  and included  our station on his YouTube video.

So that's two years in a row! 
AF4RK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 01:46:58 PM »

I was running CW on 20M and took a break to listen in the phone band. KH6 was coming 20 over 9 on SSB in SFL. I didn't even have a microphone in the tent. hi!
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 07:01:48 PM »

I was running CW on 20M and took a break to listen in the phone band. KH6 was coming 20 over 9 on SSB in SFL. I didn't even have a microphone in the tent. hi!

That might have been me...  Grin

My favorite was probably Vermont.  My furthest.   Guam was nice - asking about the Super Moon that I forgot about.   A bunch of real nice hams in a good mood.
KU4UV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 12:10:19 PM »

My twin brother Patrick, KR4GT and I operated Field Day from one of the farms our family still owns in southern Kentucky near the Tennessee border.  We used a TS-440 into a dipole at 60 feet.  I was tuning around on 40 meter phone early on Saturday evening when I heard a station give their callsign as KU4V, my callsign is KU4UV, so that call certainly got my attention.  I was able to make a contact with KU4V in North Carolina.  That is probably the closet station to a call similar to mine that I have ever worked! Wink  We also worked our hometown's club station located about 130 miles away early on Sunday morning, and my brother recognized the voice on the other end and had a brief chat, so that was kind of neat. Saturday night was beautiful, camping under the "super" moon, very bright outside!  It was hot until we got the three fans fired up in the tent.  Had a great Field Day, hope everyone else did as well!

Michael KU4UV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: