Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NUE-PSK  (Read 6621 times)
KA4NMA

Ignore
« on: July 01, 2013, 07:12:36 PM »

I live in an antenna restricted apartment.  I would like to get the new version of NUE-PSK for PSK, Ritty and CW use.  I am disabled and economically challenged. Does anybody have one the want to get rid of? Drop me an email if you do?

Randy ka4nma
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 04:19:07 AM »

I have to ask....

Do you have a computer at home? If you do, there are many great digital mode software packages out there that are free and you can buy a soundcard interface (like the SignalLink USB for instance) for about half the cost of a new NUE-PSK unit.
KC8Y

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 05:37:06 PM »

Randy:  I know exactly what you're going thru, for I am on disability (rare form related to MS-late onset tay sach, progressive muscle atrophy, and much more)

Because of my handicap, CANNOT speak clearly--so I gone into CW (slow speed), Olivia & PSK modes.  You'll love any of the digital modes.  The software, I use, is free Smiley   Been licensed for about 37 years.  I operate 40, 20, 10 & 6 meters.   Smiley

KA4NMA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 08:00:46 PM »

I have an old netbook computer.  It has some issues and I wish I could get a new one.  I see that signalink it highly recommended. Since I live in an antenna restricted apartment.  I am thinking that portable operation is in my future.

Randy
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:15:56 PM by KA4NMA » Logged
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 12:03:27 AM »

I have an old netbook computer.  It has some issues and I wish I could get a new one.  I see that signalink it highly recommended. Since I live in an antenna restricted apartment.  I am thinking that portable operation is in my future.

Randy

No doubt a local ham will be able to help you install a stealth antenna. Mwhat the landlord doesn't know won't hurt him...
W4FID

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 02:32:15 AM »

There are two reasons I have a NUE-PSK and really like it. First it's so simple to set up. If I use the laptop for other audio things -- like a DVAP or music or U-Tube or whatever I have no issues with any of the laptop's settings. When we travel and my XYL and I share the laptop it's not an issue if she adjusts/changes anything. My NUE-PSK is dedicated and ready to go. The interface/interaction between the sound card, external thing, rig, etc are all not factors with it. Second it is more RF resistant than some sound cards/interfaces. When portable -- which I often am -- or if you're antenna is near the rig which some of us have to contend with due to CCR, retirement homes, hotel balconies, etc the connecting cables and the laptop's FR resistance can cause erratic operation form some systems. The NUE-PSK in it's own metal box and it's own display does better more often. I've seen a lot of frustration on Field Day for example with others but didn't have trouble with mine.

If you loo at my QRZ bio the pix of my modern station shows the NUE-PSK next to the IC-746PRO. It's less than 4 feet from the vertical that's just outside the window. On PSK I run barefoot at 25 or 30 watts -- but I can run 200 or 300 watts RTTY if I like with it -- and the NUE-PSK doesn't have any problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: