Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memphis Amateur Electronics almost a SK  (Read 14460 times)
AB5EW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 06:01:12 PM »

I know this thread died quietly but I just ran across it and wasn't aware.  I have to say that every radio that I own I purchased from Marshall.  I've been away from the hobby for years but my oldest daughter of 12 has shown an interest which has peaked my interest again as well.  My first stop on the net was to look up MAE to get a radio for her.  I was surprised to find out that they had closed their doors.  As others have said, I was also sad to see. 

I wish Marshal and Stan God speed in their endeavours.

Robert
AB5EW
KD4EUH

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 06:18:56 PM »

Stan died a few years ago, but Marshall is still alive( in his 80's), well and still riding BMW antique motorcycles.  I visit quite often.
John
KD4EUH
former part-time employee
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 12:59:11 AM »

...the Government refuses to add sales Tax, so these guys are able to sell at an automatic 5-7% discounted price

And the shipping makes up for that tax saving and sometimes a lot more.  Frankly, I'd much rather pay the government tax rather than giving the greedy, careless shippers one single dime.  And, don't think for one minute you've seen the last of shipping rate increases.
Online you pay shipping, local you pay tax.  Which would YOU rather do?
If US consumers had even one ounce of brains, they would, at least, weigh the relative difference between the two and choose the least costly, but noooooo!
Tom
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: