Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE OF THE BEARCAT WAREHOUSE  (Read 22700 times)
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 04:20:40 PM »

I never noticed any of these little verifying changes until my wife discovered on line banking.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bingo!  And that's where the irony comes in.  If we kept a large enough balance in our accounts to cover twice the amount we order (and just to prevent against overdrafts....period....) nobody would know about the verifies and the holds......and see nothing but actual charges on a once-per-month statement.

Of course PayPal has their own unique names for their system: pending and complete

73, Bill
KC8OYE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 02:04:31 AM »

pay-at-pump credit card transactions from the gas station often use the $1.00 charge technique too.

i know a few people with debit cards from various banks that can't use the pay-at-pump because their bank flags a double transaction like that as a fraudulent transaction..
KB2CPW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 10:43:20 AM »

Hi
While you certainly did have a bad transaction, I think this is the exception rather than standard operating practices. I have bought from Bearcat Warehouse many times from scanners to scanner accessories and pouches etc. I have NEVER had even a hint of trouble with them. While I agree with your warning to all of us about your very bad transaction, I think maybe you had a bad transaction and nothing more. Sometimes website don't always work like they are set up to. BTW, I have been able to talk to them by phone when I had questions, I don't know why you couldn't contact them. Anyway, sorry you had so much trouble I think they are a A+ company for my money. I am not associated with nor do I own any part of the mentioned business. I am just a happy customer.
73 nØyg
Robert

But it is their job to police and maintain their website to make sure their customer is treated fairly and that the transaction process was proper. In this case it cost them business and some reputation which equals money. Plus they were flagged by Chase so their inattentiveness costs them even more as Chase refuses to transfer funds to them on future purchases by others. The joke is on them...Richy N2ZD
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 02:22:42 PM »

But it is their job to police and maintain their website to make sure their customer is treated fairly and that the transaction process was proper. In this case it cost them business and some reputation which equals money. Plus they were flagged by Chase so their inattentiveness costs them even more as Chase refuses to transfer funds to them on future purchases by others. The joke is on them...Richy N2ZD

We only have the word of the "victim" here that they were so-called "flagged" by Chase.  If one only knew how hard it is to actually "flag" a legit business.  I think someone told "the victim" they MIGHT "flag" the business....IF something were out-of-the-ordinary.  Judging from just a few of their testimonials (some posted AFTER "the victims" post) I say this company is very much on the up-and-up and never was "flagged"!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How great your company is to deal with. I only ordered at 2:08 p.m. today and I already got a e-mail that it has been shipped, time on e-mail was 4:57 p.m. with the tracking number.   I never dealt with a company so fast. You are great. Thank you so much for everything. My husband said you saved us a lot of running around looking for a scanner.

PLEASE INFORM EVERYONE THAT MY HUSBAND AND I COULD HAVE NOT FOUND A BETTER COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH. WE ARE IN OUR 70'S AND NEW TO COMPUTER WORLD AND YOUR SITE WAS THE EASIEST TO WORK WITH. EVERYTHING WAS VERY SIMPLE. THANK YOU SO MUCH . LOVE YOUR COMPANY. I WILL MENTION IT TO EVERYONE. EVERYONE TELLS US TO BE VERY CAUTIOUS DOING BUSINESS ON THE COMPUTER, BUT YOU PROVED THEM WRONG. YOUR REPLY'S WERE QUICK AND SITE SAFE.

You people have been very helpful.  If you only knew what I went through dealing with Uniden directly, you all should be praised for your customer satisfaction.  If there is any way I could do a survey for you, I would.  Thanks again a bunch for your cooperation in this matter.  Please keep me informed of the status of the return.  Thanks!!!

Thank You Very Much !!!!!!!!!!!!  I received the scanner in time for the party.  It's been nice doing business with you.  If we like it, we might order one for ourselves.
Thanks Again,

On 8/27 I went online to search for the highest rated NASCAR scanner on the market. After reading several articles I decided to purchase the Uniden SC230. Your company offered a fair price and I ordered it that day. Much to my surprise the next morning I received an Email advising that it had already been shipped. UPS shows this shipment out for delivery, I should have it within a couple of hours. Thank you for your excellent service. I have rarely ever ordered anything online and had such rapid response. You can be assured that I would recommend you to others and use you again if I need any of your products.

Thank you for the phone update and the quick response to my multi order.
Greatly appreciate your quick response and shipping.

Dear Bearcat warehouse,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you and your staff, especially Malissa, for the prompt responses and detailed replies to my initial question when shopping for my first scanner for NASCAR . I took my new pre-programmed SC230 to the New Hampshire race this past weekend and thoroughly enjoyed my experience listening to ALL the drivers and crews and really make my day memorable. With all the different choices of sellers out there your staff is what sold me on purchasing here and I will be endorsing your site to any fans I meet at the track, or friends who ask me about buying a scanner.

Comments: Just wanted to say thanks. Recently ordered BCT15
Very happy with product and your service
Will recommend to others
Thanks,

Malissa, We wanted to let you know that we received the digital police scanner that we ordered, today. Momma is so excited!! Thanks again for all your help. We really appreciate everything you have done to help us & it's been great talking to you!! Who knows, she may need another one for the downstairs. Sincerely
Just a quick line to say thanks  My scanner came today ( that was fast ) and it works great.

Thanks Again

Just wanted to say thank you. I was very cautious and worried about buying from the web online. After purcasing my scanner from you i am very satisfied. you people were great from the day i placed my order. I received my purchase 2 days by ups. Got it working but had a few problems, You immediatley offered to let me return it and replace it with new.After talking to tech support i found out it was me and got the unit working.Ive got two other scanners but like the one i purchased from you the best. i would highly recommend your store and sight to anyone. GREAT PRICES GREAT SERVICE and pleasant phone cooperation, thanks again and am sure i will purchase more products from you.

Thank you sooooooo much, that did the trick. Although my Uniden Bearcat Scanner is getting old it still works great. However I am considering getting a newer more up to date scanner and you can bet it will be a Uniden Bearcat.
 Thanks again.

I would like to take some time out to say thank you very much for your great service. I ordered a bct15 from you on 8-5-08, and had it the very next day (something that does not happen very often). It was not what I wanted, so I sent an email about returning it and there were no problems in getting a return for it. I have since ordered a bct8 and again got that the very next day. It has been a pleasure doing business with such a fast and great company, I will be recommending your company to my friends. Thank you very much again.

Jim

I do have to say, I have ordered many things from many different companies and you have made things easier than if I had you standing right in front of me to answer my questions. I will pass along to all I know how easy you are to work with and I hope it will send you some extra business.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where does one assume that just because someone has posted something negative on Eham (or any of the other ham sites....), it automatically results in a negative reputation and decreased sales?   Shocked

Quite the contrary.  Often people who see these types of posts view them as REASONS for purchasing from the company!  After all, can you really believe everything you read on the Internet?    Wink

What's that old expression?  Word of mouth advertising....good or bad....it's still advertising!   Grin

Heck, if everyone quit buying over the negative posts that take place on Eham, EVERY HAM BUSINESS would be out of business!     Kiss

73, Bill - WA8MEA
Go Bearcat!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:18:32 AM by Bill Lauterbach » Logged
KC8OYE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 10:23:02 PM »

this forum just goes to show that EVERY company has unhappy customers at some point.

its' when you see repeated reports of poor customer service that one starts to take notice however..

I found a VERY inflammatory webpage about a local ham shop here in Houston.. so naturally I went to check it out for myself.. the owner treated me very well and even saved me a bunch of money... guess I can't believe EVERYTHING I read huh ? Smiley
KJ4DZF

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 07:04:55 AM »

i placed an order with them monday for a ncd-396xt before reading this.

received it on thursday no problems at all. my only complaint was it was loose packed in a larger box letting it rattle around during shipping, but it had no damage.
KC4YLX

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 12:04:56 PM »

I read this and got worried because I was going to order a Uniden Bearcat Home Patrol from Bearcat Warehouse.  Well, I called the order number and decided to speak with someone before ordering.  I got the voicemail and just hung up.  Thought I would buy someplace else.  I received a phone call in just seconds from Bearcat Warehouse!  They saw that I did not leave a message but called me.  I asked a few questions and decided to order.  Soon after I receive order details in an email.  Later I received UPS Tracking information.  Next day I had my scanner.  Packed fine, got here on time works great.

I am very happy with Bearcat Warehouse and will be buying from them again.  I normally buy from my local HRO store in Woodbridge, VA but they cost more and I have to pay Sales Tax if I order or stop by and pick an item up.  At the Bearcat Warehouse, I pay less for the product, less in shipping and no sales tax...   Win, Win, Win.

I am happy I gave them a trial.

Thank you Bearcat Warehouse!
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 08:00:09 PM »

hi

Close to 4,400 reads on this topic, all at no cost to the vendor!

Mistakes and errors do happen, even poor service in every business,
the solution is to make things right so both seller and buyer are happy.

"At a profit if we can, at a loss if we must"

Most banks online sites will show you your pending charges,
you will see all the small transactions that appear in that section
but never post to the account, they just disappear in a few days.
One gas station puts $100 hold on my card, no problem it disappears.

73 james
W4UVV

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 01:43:46 PM »

Your problem appears to be a mistake made in on line ordering.  I have purchased 4 Uniden 996XTs from Bearcatwarehouse.com over the past 2 years with no problem.  I called the 800 number and gave my credit card info to the representative.  Each scanner was shipped the new day UPS regular ground.  I did not use on line ordering. You are not guilt free and bear some responsibility for the situation.

John
N3HFS

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 02:16:52 PM »

I have purchased 4 Uniden 996XTs from Bearcatwarehouse.com over the past 2 years with no problem. 

Given that the problem occurred three years ago, it's possible that the issue, if there ever was any, had been fixed by the time you began ordering these scanners..
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 12:29:32 AM »

Bill,
Your defense of this company is certainly quite vigorous.  While I have no dog in this fight, what really did catch my attention was your aggressively defensive statements.  Frankly, I'd be curious to know what, if any, pecuniary or other interest you have in Bearcat Warehouse.  As the old saying goes, "Alas, me thinks thou dost protest too much".  Any comment?
Tom
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 07:59:40 AM »

etrade states flat up front on a transfer from external accounts that they will make two deposits and a retract to verify the bank and account are real.  IIRC it was a 40 cent series of transactions.  you have to confirm they happened before they process your real transaction.

and I have had numerous online orders debit immediately.

so it's all over the map.

print-screen your transactions and pre-transactions until you know who you are dealing with.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: