Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: logging program freezes  (Read 1210 times)
K2JF

Ignore
« on: July 27, 2013, 03:23:37 AM »

This has proven to be some kind of mystery. I was using ACLog for years. All of a sudden the program started to freeze usually around some kind of change or test I made in the rig control settings. Control Alt Delete would not work to end the program so I had to restart the computer. This was beginning to happen every day. So I downloaded a different logging program - Log4OM and it worked great for a day. Then I made a slight change in the CAT control settings and that logging program froze as well. and again Control Alt Delete did not help so back to restarting the computer.
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 04:47:27 AM »

Maybe its not the software.

Have you installed any other new programs on your computer?

When was the last time you did a complete anti-virus and anti-malware scan?

Do any other programs freeze or is it just the logging programs?

You didn't say what kind of radio you have, but most rigs have a way to do some sort of initialization or reset to factory default so you might try that.

Lots of variables to consider!
K2JF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 06:44:35 AM »

I have a Pro III and have done a malware scan..and it's just the ham logging software that freezes. I've tried two Cat devices and it happens with both of them. I just changed the DTR and RTS settings in the Log4OM logging program and it seems to be working. but not sure if it will last.
K2JF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 01:29:49 PM »

For anyone still following this post let me tell you what I THINK I discovered. It was a faulty USB port on my computer - the port that the CAT device was plugged into. So far it seems that I found the cause but we will see over time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: