Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Swantenna 45 Manual  (Read 3282 times)
KB3JQJ

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2013, 05:29:00 AM »

Hello,

I recently picked up 2 very used Swan Swantenna Model 45 antennas at a hamfest.  I was wondering if anybody had a manual for one either photocopy or digital.  Please let me know where I can find one on the net or if you can send me a copy.  Thanks.

Ralph  KB3JQJ
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 03:29:29 PM »

I have been looking for one for several years, and have never found one. Why do you think you need one?

WB6BYU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 03:40:44 PM »

Hmmm...   think I have something for one of the old Swan antennas in a filing cabinet
somewhere...  Might have been the model 55 however.  Was that the one with the rotary
switch to set the band from inside the car, with perhaps 5 positions for 80m and one for
each of the other pre-WARC HF bands?  Unfortunately my files got muddled together in
the move, but I'll see if I can find something.
KB3JQJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 05:00:37 PM »

One of the two I just had to resolder one wire but the other one is in pieces.  I was considering making it into a dipole possibly for camping trips.
WB6BYU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 09:25:23 AM »

I found the information - it is for the Swan model 55C antenna.  This has a motor in the
base and a string drive to control a shorting rod that chooses taps on the antenna coil.

Don't know if that would be any help or not.
KB3JQJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 12:19:27 PM »

No, that's okay on the Model 55.  I will just experiment with it & use the good one for the template.  Thanks.
WB9YCJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 08:52:39 AM »

I have owned several model 45 over the years and have never seen or heard of user or service manuals.
My guess is there may have been a user info sheet supplied with the antenna when new.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: