Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any active NJ Clubs?  (Read 21044 times)
WE2F

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2013, 05:17:05 PM »

I just moved back to NJ from 14 years in CA and I cannot seem to find an active club in my area (Flemington/Hunterdon County) or even one reasonably close that seems active. I've search ARRL for a list, but most of websites have five-year-old dates and meeting minutes. Does anyone know of a relatively active club in the area and when/where they might meet?

I'm really into QRP and DX, but mostly, I just want to get to know some fellow hams and maybe find a new elmer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WE2F
APW19562

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 10:28:02 AM »

I think the quickest way to find local clubs is to search for local repeaters. Most of them are owned/operated by local clubs.  Wink

When I started hunting for 2m repeaters in my area... I found radio clubs all over the place.
WE2F

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 06:50:41 PM »

I have tried. I can get into several repeaters but no matter how much I put out my call, I never get a reply. I tend to commute a little off schedule from most of NJ and there never seems to be anyone around when I'm on the air. I just can't seem to find any local hams. It's truly frustrating.
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »

Use the ARRL Affiliated Clubs search engine.

That will get you the active clubs in your area,
THEN contact that club's president or Membership chairman.
http://www.arrl.org/find-a-club

KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 08:45:58 AM »

There are several active clubs in Northern New Jersey.

Contact the ARRL NNJ Section's Affiliated Club Coordinator: Richard Bilon N3RB (n3rb@aol.com)

Mel - KS2G
K2CUB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 07:46:48 PM »

West Jersey DX Association meets in Hillsborough.
WE2F

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 05:00:22 PM »

I just got a return email from them and will be attending on Thursday. Thanks all.
KB2VMG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 02:39:56 AM »

The Raritan Valley Radio Club is quite active and has large membership.  It is located near you.  Their website can be found at:  http://www.w2qw.org/.

Bob
K2TO

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 09:35:14 AM »

You may want to check out the Cherryville Repeater Association:  http://www.qsl.net/w2cra/

FYI,

Doc
K2TO
N2LXM

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 04:34:35 AM »

Welcome back to NJ. There are two very active clubs in Monmouth County. The Garden State A.R.A, in Tinton Fall. They are located at the Red Cross Chapter House, Call Sign W2GSA. The other is the Ocean - Monmouth A.R.C.. They have there own facility located on the grounds of the former Camp Evans Complex in Wall Township. Call signs are N2MO and K2USA. Both clubs offer talks, Classes, VE testing. And do many radio events through out the year. Both from the club facility and out in the field. And each runs there own 2 Meter Repeater. Hope to see you at a meeting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: