Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lost waterfall in DM780  (Read 4092 times)
KG8JF

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2013, 02:12:25 PM »

This afternoon when I put a 2 into 1 plug adaptor into the sound card speaker jack I lost the waterfall.  I immediately got rid of the adaptor, but alas no waterfall.  I checked the soundcard level in receive and it was low and would not adjust.  I suspected a soundcard issue but device mgr says it is okay.  I even ran Fldigi, which I also have on the same computer and it received fine with a normal looking waterfall.  There were some other things I tried, like in, VIEW>>>WATERFALL>>>>>DEFAULT and the waterfall is still black.  Any ideas folks?
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 02:09:53 AM »

In the newer versions of Windows, when you plug in or unplug a connector, it can cause a change in the default sound sources.

I'd check your soundcard settings in DM780 and make sure that the input you want is still selected.  Then, I'd double check the input levels in Windows' volume control to see if the levels are right.

Finally, in Windows 7 (and WIn 8?), some applications can take exclusive control of the sound sources and if you are trying to run to programs at the same time, one might not have access to the sound source.  This can be disabled by going into the "recording devices" selecting the sound source and right click to choose properties, go to the advanced tab, and deselect "All applications to take exclusive control of this device".

Did you ever get your logbook to load properly (from your other posts)?  If so, it would be kind if you would let others know what the problem and solution was.

Dave
K3DCW
KG8JF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 04:27:51 AM »

Thanks Dave for the reply,
      No I was unable to get logbook data loaded.  It is one of the issues I have with HRD.  There so many hidden ways to get screwed up and not even know it.
KG8JF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 05:04:06 AM »

I just got things sorted out. My input had somehow selected AUX instead of microphone.  Just as soon as I got the right source selected the waterfall popped right up.  Thanks Dave for your assistance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: