Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did I do it?  (Read 1916 times)
KA4NMA

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2013, 08:19:07 PM »

Why did I ever trade my HR2510 for a Garmin Etrex for APRS? I wish I still had it.  The HR2510 was a lot more useful and fun than APRS.

Randy ka4nma
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 08:56:17 PM »

Randy:  I asked my physician about why people (I) do things as you describe.  His answer was the usual scientific mumbo-jumbo.  He says we all, on once occasion or another, have what the medical community calls a mind fart.

He pointed out that it is seldom a fatal problem unless of course it involves the property of someone else....like your wife.  He explained further that one serious mind fart usually inoculates a person for several years and as a rule the second mind fart episode usually inoculates for the remainder of one's lifetime. 

It was once thought that mind farts were the root cause of multiple marriages but in recent years it has been determined that those who marry more than twice have a form of insanity. 

So Randy, the good news seems to be that you're now inoculated and good to go for several years before you do something stupid like the trade you're now lamenting.

Al - K8AXW
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 09:37:46 AM »

Why did I ever trade my HR2510 for a Garmin Etrex for APRS? I wish I still had it.  The HR2510 was a lot more useful and fun than APRS.

Randy ka4nma

The really good news is that this is b no means a permanent situation. 

How many HR2510s are out there somewhere? 

There may even be someone just chafing to trade one for a Garmin Etrex, too. 

You never know what you can do until you try.

K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 12:12:28 PM »

Randy, WD is correct. PT Barnum said once, "There's one born every minute and two to take him."  My suggestion is listen to WD and become one of the two to take him. 
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 05:04:40 PM »

Well, I didn't mean it that way.

I'd never recommend cheating someone, consider that there might be someone somewhere who is not into using that radio much anymore, but may be into that which the Garmin does.  Two happy traders. 

KA4NMA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 10:17:50 PM »

Al that was funny.  Thanks for the laugh.  I do not have a wife, as she is my exXYL.
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 03:22:51 AM »

Why did I ever trade my HR2510 for a Garmin Etrex for APRS? I wish I still had it.  The HR2510 was a lot more useful and fun than APRS.

Randy ka4nma

You could always try geocaching: http://www.geocaching.com/

This is where little packages (like the size ofa 35mm film canister) of "treasure" are hidden and you have to find them based on their coordinates.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 07:45:54 AM »

The usual answer is that it seemed a good idea at the time.
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 06:40:26 PM »

Or "It seemed the logical thing to do," as Sarek told Spock when asked, "Why did you marry my mother?"

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: