Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XZ1Z, Myanmar  (Read 26372 times)
OH1HAQ

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2013, 12:10:41 AM »

https://secure.clublog.org/charts/?c=XZ1Z

"LoTW data have been uploaded for those who have requested direct QSL via ClubLog. We will start sending paper QSL cards for the same next week. Answering SASEs will be after the OQRS. <05 SEP 13>"

Guess who sent a SASE?  Grin
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2013, 02:14:57 AM »

I love OQRS, nearly as much as LotW.
Direct QSL with return envelope and GS is my last resort!
I'm sure Zorro will quickly and efficiently fulfill all QSL requests.
Luke
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2013, 08:08:52 AM »

Just uploaded to LoTW this afternoon (9/4/2013). #328 confirmed and soon to be submitted for credit.

He's not uploading the entire log to LoTW.  His last upload was on 9/6 0104z and my contact is not in that upload.  I guess he knows who needs it more badly than me Cheesy

Jonathan W6GX

I also used OQRS to request a card and sent him an added donation on top of the postage and handling, so maybe it was that. Either way, I'm darned glad to have it confirmed and I'm eagerly looking forward to receiving the card once it's printed/mailed, to add to my album.

I held off on OQRS because I wanted to work Zorro again on another band/mode.  I think I'll wait until the end of November on the OQRS.  If you work him again will you do another OQRS or will you just wait for the LoTW at a later date?

Jonathan W6GX
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2013, 10:08:03 AM »

I held off on OQRS because I wanted to work Zorro again on another band/mode.  I think I'll wait until the end of November on the OQRS.  If you work him again will you do another OQRS or will you just wait for the LoTW at a later date?

I'll hold off. Obviously for an ATNO, I'll do whatever it takes, and likewise for a new CQ Zone or if I'm on the cusp of a new endorsement and need the confirmation sooner rather than later. But in the case of XZ, now that I have it confirmed, I'll hold off sending until all pending DXpeditions there are in the books (Zorro's trip later this month and the proposed larger operation later this year), then OQRS all of them together and hope I get everything back on LoTW (won't need a card for the others) before my year-end submission.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2013, 04:05:16 PM »

Zorro's physical QSL arrived today, along with a nice printed thank-you note from the Foundation for Global Children. Both have gone straight into the album (I'll use the LoTW hit for DXCC confirmation).

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
N2NL

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2013, 08:34:37 PM »

Champ, E21EIC just arrived in Burma and is joining Zorro during his 2nd operation due to start tomorrow.  I believe Champ will be operating CW - which should give those in NA a better chance at a QSO. 
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2013, 11:34:44 PM »

Just worked XZ1Z on 17 CW at 0612/17 UT.
Good CW op.
Good luck to all who need!
Luke VK3HJ
K2MK

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2013, 04:14:17 AM »

I used the OQRS system on Club Log yesterday and my LoTW confirmation for QSO of 19 Sep was waiting for me this morning.

Mike K2MK
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2013, 02:14:25 PM »

No joy here..never on when we have prop, focusing mainly upon EU and AS and of course, E/W Coast.  When we have had minimal prop, the promptly QSYd to a band that is dead here.  Perhaps next time, next group that goes will try for us too.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2013, 03:14:38 PM »

No joy here..never on when we have prop, focusing mainly upon EU and AS and of course, E/W Coast.  When we have had minimal prop, the promptly QSYd to a band that is dead here.  Perhaps next time, next group that goes will try for us too.

Eh...... You can scratch that "E" off of the E/W coast. Angry

73, Gene AF3Y
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2013, 03:20:57 PM »

Managed 3 qsos from central Texas, 15m, 17m cw, 15m ssb, all after 01:00.

Got the LOTW confirmation about 30 minutes after the OQRS, looking forward to the card.

Decent signal on 20m cw a couple of mornings, but I couldn't get through the pileup.
EI2GLB

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2013, 12:27:21 AM »

There was talk of a big multi op expedition to XZ was this it or will we see more operating from there,

I havn't been able to catch XZ yet

Trevor
EI2GLB
N2NL

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2013, 01:33:05 AM »

Trevor,

A bigger DXpedition is still planned for November.  Call sign will be XZ1J.  I don't have any other details unfortunately.
W2NK

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2013, 06:59:23 AM »

I only heard them well enough to give a call on Saturday morning 15 SSB. A few locals managed to get through that have big antennas on tall towers on hilltops. None of us tri-bander types at modest heights made it from WNY that I know of. Would have been #351 & ATNO but no joy. That (Sa morn) I thought I might have a shot, they suddenly QRT as they were peaking from thunderstorms:(
Rest of the spots I saw were for bands/times that probably even LPL wouldn't hear.
Kathy, W2NK
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2013, 08:20:43 AM »

I haven't seen a paper QSL yet from Zorro for this one, but I'm fine with LoTW.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: