Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Bible Babble Nets really what FCC says HR is about?  (Read 5724 times)
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2014, 06:20:33 AM »

W3WN,

He never got fined. All this bullcrap is because he got a warning.

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
W1IT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2014, 06:51:13 AM »

Seems I hurt someone feelings. I can not figure out if it is the Obama haters or the Bible Lovers.
Maybe both. Wait I forgot, stupid me.  Bible Loving and hating Obama seem to go together.

It stands to reason someone is going to merge a Bible Babble net that Potty Mouth Bashes Obama after prayers. Maybe it already exists. I would not know. I don't listen to 75 mtr SSB. There has not been intelligent conversation on 75 mtrs in many years.. Almost like eham forums.

Stan K9IUQ

Stan, be careful because when it comes to humor or intelligent conversations, its not just 75, its like head lice, they are everywhere. My point, is if Bible Babbles are OK, why is my conversation reported to FCC watch towers, who then come in by popular request, monitor until they can find some trivial thing for Frau Laura Steinsmith to warn or fine for?
Its just hypocritical to the " gills". Mind you I heard to gills years ago and it met enough already. I'm not sure where gills comes from?
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2014, 06:54:50 AM »

W3WN,

He never got fined. All this bullcrap is because he got a warning.
Oh?  My misunderstanding.

Strike "pay the fine" change it to "heed the warning" then.
NV2A

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2014, 07:01:14 AM »

I am a believer plain and simple.

I do feel that preaching on Amateur Radio only fulfils the operators desire to spread the word but I just can't believe there is anyone out there listening.  To me it's nothing short of Broadcasting and it should be halted before the another so called religious group take over the bands with the same thing.

Like many I do personal reflection and some go to church, I don't need to hear some self-righteous individual espousing what he/she feels God wants us to know or do.
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2014, 07:10:56 AM »

I do feel that preaching on Amateur Radio only fulfils the operators desire to spread the word but I just can't believe there is anyone out there listening.  To me it's nothing short of Broadcasting and it should be halted before the another so called religious group take over the bands with the same thing.

Like many I do personal reflection and some go to church, I don't need to hear some self-righteous individual espousing what he/she feels God wants us to know or do.
Good point.

I see no problem if a group of Believers (whatever flavor of Belief you have/share) who happen to be hams and who are spread out over a wide area wish to get together on HF for a weekly net to discuss their Beliefs.  It is no different that a group of hams who share a like of a particular radio brand, or a particular college/university they all went to, and so on. 

Their discussions will not be for everyone, but then, they are not expected to be.  If you overhear one of these nets... be it of Belief, of Brand, or of School... and don't care for it... SPIN THE FLIPPIN' DIAL and move along.  That's why it's there.

That said...

If someone on one of these nets uses it as a pretense to preach... be it the Gospel of Faith or the Gospel of Brand or the Gospel of School... and it starts becoming a one-way transmission, and especially if it starts becoming a Broadcast... then I have a problem with it.  NOT because of the Faith/Brand/School (etc), but because of the actions that are turning it into a Broadcast.

This is not an issue of Faith.  This is an issue of inappropriate operation using Amateur Radio as a pretense for other purposes that are actually outside the purview of the Amateur Service.

In short, if you want to preach over the radio, get a broadcast license or rent time on an existing broadcaster.

But if you just want to talk about it with your buddies, go have fun. 
KH2G

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2014, 03:10:17 PM »

Having worked many missionary's over the years (before satellite/ cell etc) I appreciate them being willing to locate to rare little spots where there isn't much communication with the outside world to spread the Gospel. Ham radio for them becomes there way to talk also to loved ones, get medical help and many other needs we can take for granted. It's getting better  but on some of the islands I've been  on, there just isn't much of any other way to talk to someone for whatever reason. I only have a bit of a problem when they start filing there reports as I consider that business which we are not supposed to be doing. Just MHO.
Dick KH2G OBTW - Those that don't like it are free to QSY.
W1IT

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2014, 03:41:37 PM »

I agree completely. I do-not go on the air and espouse agnostic beliefs or how NUTS and illogical religion is. I wonder what would happen if I did. I  know , another FCC letter about part 97, basis and purpose.
But, my question remains, round the pew Bible readings are not the Basis or Purpose of HR, and it seems quite odd, this net has not received a warning as I did.
This morning they were speaking of HIS coming soon. Well, I broke in and said, why wait, I have a noose and a car, meet me in Nashua, NH and I'll speed you up.
NJ1K

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2014, 04:20:42 PM »

Still crying eh??  pittiful and pathetic
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2014, 04:57:43 PM »

Still crying eh??  pittiful and pathetic

It just will never end.
NJ1K

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2014, 06:10:56 PM »

Oh yeah, it'll end someday.   He's a sore old geezer and doesn't have that many years left on him. 
W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2014, 06:04:16 AM »

As long as it is two transmissions and they ID properly and not creating any interference, they are doing nothing wrong. If you don't agree with their philosophy, turn the dial. There are many other frequencies and bands which to choose from. Why bother anyway, you might be missing some rare DX on another spot of the dial.

Still using Windows XP Pro.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: