Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Magazine chronically delivered late?  (Read 26822 times)
W7UUU

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2014, 05:06:53 PM »

Received December 2013 in the mail today.

Yup - mine arrived yesterday.  Gotta wonder how many pissed off advertisers there are,
who had paid a premium for a Christmas issue (i.e., on the coffee table around Turkey Day
for the XYL to see ear-marked pages of "hint hint" items) - only to find it arrive a full
MONTH late... for shame, CQ.

Dave
W7UUU

My site: www.W7UUU.net - "it's not all about yew, ewe, you!"
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 01:54:26 PM »

Usual email from CQ today advertising their wares - even though I stopped subscribing a year ago.  They are offering 2014/15 calendars. It struck me that judging by the comments here, they  should read:

January 21. You might have December's copy if you're lucky
February 21. February's edition is around somewhere - try your local HRO
March 21. Honest, we'll get January's edition to out soon
April 21. What did you expect for the April issue? On time delivery of February?

And so on...........
K5UNX

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2014, 08:38:08 AM »

I got this response from my question to them about this.

Thank you for your recent email regarding your November 2013 issue CQ digital version.  All issues are due to go "live" on the first of the month, however, we are experiencing a production problem and we are hoping all issues will be live shortly.
We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Now in this month's (Jan) CQ the explained that there is some reshuffling happening. CQ VHF is going away as is Popular Communications. See this web page . . http://www.cq-vhf.com/ 

KK4MRN

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 10:40:13 AM »

I ordered CQ and Popular Communications magazines print edition on November 9, 2013.  Today is January 16, 2014.   I've yet to get a single issue.   I wish I never bought the subscriptions.

I have seen them sometimes at Barnes & Noble - if I'm lucky to find them there.   

K5UNX

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2014, 11:37:50 AM »

I get CQ through Zinio and while it's late, I still get it. The last issue I have is the Jan issue.

K5TEN

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2014, 03:39:51 PM »

I got my December issue January 15th.

The January issue has yet to hit my mailbox although the cover pic is on their website.

I love that magazine, but believe we are seeing the beginning of the end.
NB3R

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2014, 04:48:17 AM »

My December issue arrived yesterday, January 21st.
K5TEN

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2014, 02:30:50 PM »

I have to ask, Is CQ going under?

When an issue FINALLY arrives (1 to 2 months late) everything is a history article...gret to get the heads up about a DX pedition, IOTA activation, contest calendar, etc  one to 2 months AFTER IT HAPPENS.

So far, all emails to the magazine subscription people, editors, bosses go ignored.

And that, is a mixed cocktail for a business failure.

Sad. 
KK4MRN

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2014, 10:42:28 AM »

I still have not received an issue of CQ nor Popular Communications.  Well, I understand Popular Communications is no more - it is part of digital CQ Extra now.  Yet, I have not gotten info from them how to get this digital CQ Extra.  Basically, I feel like I was ripped off.

Don't waste your money on a print subscription to CQ like I did.  Unless, you get the digital version of CQ. 

G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2014, 12:37:52 PM »

I'd say,

'Don't waste your money on a subscription to CQ'.
NK5G

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2014, 07:21:42 PM »

You guys are not the only ones. As 2/14 the last issue I received was the December issue and I had to call and beg for that one.

Have not had an issue on time since the July issue. Something has to be wrong at CQ.

As much as I have enjoyed the magazine, I won't be renewing my subscription. Time to cut my losses.
KR4BD

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 07:47:58 PM »

The delivery of CQ and their other magazine, Popular Communications has been a disaster for 8 or 9 months now.  The last Popular Communications I received was dated October 2013....and it came around December 1.  Beginning last June, CQ has been "hit or miss", mainly "miss".  In August I contacted them and they sent me the June and July issues.  I NEVER got the August issue and neither did many others.  The last CQ issue I have received was dated December 2013....and it came on January 20.  All the DX/contest information printed within these LATE issues is worthless when I get the magazines.

On various sites, we have read that CQ will be combined with other publications but would still be printed.  I also heard that Popular Communications was "toast"...I have 3 years left on that subscription.  Don't you think that CQ would DIRECTLY contact their subscribers about the delivery problems and their plan to fix things?  Instead, they put out a press release saying everything would be "wonderful"  in February. 

Well, February is half over and I still have not heard what is happening to my subscriptions to CQ and Popular Communications

Even IF they were to abandon print versions, DON'T YOU THINK THEY WOULD LET THEIR SUBSCRIBERS KNOW THIS Huh 

I have sent multiple email inquiries about all this and ALL have been ignored

We've heard all sorts of excuses, but does anyone know WHAT IS REALLY going on?  I have subscribed to CQ since the mid-1970's and Popular Communications since they started in the early 1980's. 

And....Don't get me started about what CQ did to the "Life Time" subscribers to World Radio when they took that publication over..... Angry

W2KRH

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2014, 03:07:31 PM »

Well here in upstate New York I have yet to receive the January issue. Prior to this I had one failure to deliver and the CQ staff sent a copy our 1st class mail and extended my sub by 1 month. Would like to know what is wrong.
KC9MXM

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 09:13:38 AM »

December is the last issue I have received and I didn't get it until the middle of January sometime .
WA8KJR

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2014, 04:09:19 PM »

Well here it is February 27 and I am waiting for my January and February 2014 issues of CQ magazine. I did receive my December 2013 issue of CQ in January of 2014.I have sent emails to CQ, but I accept the fact that is a waste of my time. I have a two year subscription to CQ but is is to late to get any refund from credit card company. If a person has recently subscribed to CQ, paid with a credit card, and has not received their magazine, I would contact their credit card company for return of payment. I personally feel we have seen and heard the last of CQ.

WA8KJR 
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: