Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Magazine chronically delivered late?  (Read 36808 times)
WQ9T

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2013, 04:26:12 AM »

I'm just curious if others are suffering the same chronic late delivery of CQ Magazine.  I received my July 2013 issue on August 6th, and as of August 18th, have seen nothing of the August issue.  It has been arriving late for months now.  That renders a good deal of the magazine as useless history by the time of it's arrival, such as the contest and hamfest calendars.  On the other hand, my September issue of QST arrived on August 15th.

By the way, I'm not the least bit interested in "electronic" delivery.  I'm simply asking if others are also receiving their print edition late.
W0PY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:56:56 AM »

Delivery dates for both magazines are similar to yours. It does not paint a good picture for CQ.
K9YLI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 07:47:51 AM »

Mine too..    printers  problem.  But  someone is not weildng a big enough club.
When i got online  to send a nasty gram,, the Sept issue was already  ut together. Just not  printed.

KI3T

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »

I cancelled my subscription last year for the same reason. When I found the current issue in a news stand before I recieved it in the mail, that was the last straw.   And By the way, I work for a printing Company, and that nonsense about blaming the printer is absolute B.S. !   Sounds more like the CQ Staff isnt getting the material to the printer in time, and also, how do they explain issues getting to the news stand before subscribers ? Enough said.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 05:43:54 AM »

Could also be that the CQ staff is getting the materials to the printer on time, but is not getting the payments to that same printer on time.  Could also be that the postage due isn't getting paid in a timely manner and the magazine won't go out till they pay it too.

From everything that is being said and the reports of non-payment for articles that have been written for the magazine, (see "Authoring Articles for CQ Magazine?" in the Company Reviews forum) it seems that that publication may be having cash flow problems and may go the way of other publications that have had similar problems in the past.  Oh well....
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:50:05 AM by K1CJS » Logged
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 08:35:21 AM »

My July issue was received about Aug 2.  Not having received Aug issue, I contacted CQ last Thursday.  They said Printer problems, Aug due to arrive week of Aug 19th.  They extended my subscription by a month for the inconvenience.  Prompt reply to my email.  All prior issues have been received a few days prior to start of issue month.  I like CQ, and quality seems to be as high as ever (except for cover paper stock, which I wish was a little heavier).  
AD4U

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 01:48:43 PM »

I also like CQ but.................

At a hamfest I won a year's subscription to CQ as a door prize.  When I mailed the coupon to them on or about June 1, I shortly received the March, April, and May issues.  The June issue came several weeks later.  Each other issue came several weeks late. 

According to the mailing label on the magazine my subscription expires in February.  I guess they had some old issues laying around and used them to "back date" my year's subscription.  Not something that impresses me.

Dick  AD4U
WB3CII

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 04:55:35 PM »

Yup,
 Same here. Still don't have the August issue. When I sent an e-mail there was no excuse given but they gave me a link to the online digital issue to read.  I just renewed my subscription and really like the magazine so I hope its just some temporary problems.  I really prefer the printed version too !!!!
WA2ONH

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 06:15:56 AM »

Located in SNJ and received....

CQ July 2013 issue on August 7th; QST August issue on August 19th

Let's hope another one doesn't bite the dust!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 06:33:35 AM by WA2ONH » Logged

73 de WA2ONH   ...Charlie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No time is ever wasted that is spent LEARNING something!"
MISTAKES are proof that you are TRYING
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 07:07:06 PM »

I really don't pay attention to when my magazines arrive.  I'm half-heartedly considering letting CQ go at the end of my subscription just because the prices on magazine subscriptions in general are getting too high. I have a subscription to a photography magazine and one to Trains I'm also thinking of letting expire...
KK6GNP

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »

Niche magazines should go 100% digital, IMO.  Dead-tree publishing is not a very sustainable business model these days unless it has wide appeal, and even then magazines are dying off left and right.

73 ~ Cory (JeepEscape)
KK6GNP
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 11:49:35 AM »

Now here's something interesting...

According to the CQ Magazine website, as a current print edition subscriber, I can subscribe to the digital edition for $17.00 for 12 issues.  Non-current subscribers can get the digital edition for $27.00 for one year.  If I were to subscribe to the digital edition of CQ through the Zinio app on my iPad, it will only cost me $11.99. 

Something seems to be wrong here...

N3HFS

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »

Located in SNJ and received....

CQ July 2013 issue on August 7th; QST August issue on August 19th

Are you sure you don't mean the QST September issue? I got that issue (the "Special Public Service Communications Issue") right around August 19th.
WQ9T

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 06:02:05 PM »

Just a short update - it's now August 25th, and still no August CQ magazine.  I wrote to their circulation department 10 days ago, and have had no response.

KU4UV

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 07:36:54 PM »

I would like to subscribe to CQ, but one of the reasons why I don't is tales like this.  When I subscribe to a magazine, I expect it to generally be delivered on time, and not soaking wet.

KU4UV
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: