Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QScope.org : Free online statistic application  (Read 60302 times)
XV4TUJ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 05:53:58 AM »

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the heads up.
I am currently working on adding some statistics for VHF/UHF contesters as I had no inputs from them before.
Last week was busy because I had to implement some changes to the database in order to handle the growing user community...

Yan - XV4Y.
---
http://www.qscope.org/
http://xv4y.radioclub.org/
XV4TUJ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 01:12:36 AM »

This directed to the QScope users whom ISP still rejects my emails.
---
Dear QScope users,

Version 1.53 is now online with some significant news :
- The first new feature was asked by several VHF contesters like TK5EP. The "Grid Square" (Locator) field in ADIF files is now parsed and imported in the database. Two new stats have appeared. One is a "QSos per New DXCC/Locator", the other one is a subset of "Time Chart" giving the new DXCCs and Grid Squares worked per hour or day. Your ADIF files needs to contain the required data to use this charts of course.
- The second new feature allows each user to be allocated a different database or database server. This will help to distribute the load over several small less expensive servers instead of one big. It will be useful to keep separated highly demanding users like DXpedition from the rest of the users, and give anyone better response time from the servers. Every user having donated at least 10$ can ask to be hosted in a less used database than the main one.
- There are several smaller changes most of you will not notice. Some of the PDFs being generated in Landscape mode being one of the most visible, as well as some tweaking in the color palette for the "Printer Friendly" option.
- Unfortunately I have failed to implement table partitionning the way I wanted to do it. The goal was to keep memory footprint in the database server as low as possible. In fact it was working but the queries times were longer than before! I have learnt three things from this. First even with a growing size of the logs table, the database server is working better than I feared thanks to a 4GB SSD cache. Second if you want to do table paritionning you have to use a very simple partition criteria otherwise the CPU penalty for deciding on which table to look will be higher than the memory gain. Third, it takes time but PostgreSQL allows to move data easily and without risks. I have not abandoned the idea of using paritionning, but it will be limited to "date related" partitions and not "user name related".

Yan - XV4Y.
---
http://www.qscope.org/
http:/xv4y.radioclub.asia/
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 07:56:32 AM »

Yan, great analysis tool.  This past weekends RTTY contest was the first big contest I've been able to look at how I did.  I knew I shouldn't have taken those naps but they sure felt good.

73 Randy AJ7G
XV4TUJ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 06:14:38 AM »

Hi Randy,

I am also "impressed" on how those small naps and breaks really impact the operating time...
I am unable to stay 24h in front of a radio, so I guess I will never compete for a high score.
Running the "QSO rate" chart also shows you when you were becoming inefficient and have to really take a break.

The most important is to have fun and enjoy the contest the way you like it!

Yan - XV4Y.
XV4TUJ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 06:37:35 AM »

Dear QScope users,

Version 2.01 has just been uploaded to the server.
This new releases does not bring deep modifications to the application, however I have numbered them 2.xx because :
- The core features of QScope are now stable enough that I can "turn the page" of the 1.xx releases.
- There is a significant departure from the original design scope where I was focusing on accuracy of the stats/charts based on the logs data. Now QScope includes log modification features (post-processing) that allows you to alter the QSOs you uploaded in the database.

Three important changes have been made :
- A new "Modify logs" menu item has appeared that does modifications directly to your QSOs in the database, but only on demand. The "3 modes only" (SSB/CW/DIGI) and "Forced to RTTY" rewriting that were done at import time on ADIF logs are now done after importation on any type of logs from this menu.
- A new feature also appeared in this menu. It allows to add or modify missing/incorrect dxcc/continent/cq-itu zones to your QSOs following the latest "Country-Files" information (http://www.country-files.com/). This was asked by several users because sometime the ADIF logs exported from contest logging programs does not contain this information, and the Cabrillo files never have them. It currently has an "experimental" status and I urge you to give me feedbacks on it.
- The upload => import => post-process operations can now be done in one-click from the upload menu, including the filtering features. However, in case your log files contains non-valid QSOs, you may not be able to detect the problems.

I am open to any improvements in the filtering and post-processing features. Perhaps in the future QScope will evolve in more "general usage" online log processing tool. You will tell me!
I am also planning to add two more important features in a the next weeks, but you will be informed about them at a later timeā€¦

Being a fervent supporter of the Open Source movement, I am now releasing my ADIF v2 Parser source code online under GPL license. It has been designed for my own usage but may interest several of you wanting to do ADIF v2 processing.
http://xv4y.radioclub.asia/2013/10/15/bibliotheque-php-de-traitement-de-fichiers-logs-adif-v2/

A last thing. Now Nearly 75% of the QSOs in the main database have been imported more than 60 days ago and are not "accessed" anymore by the user who uploaded them.
QScope resources being limited it is necessary to do some "housekeeping" from time to time in order to keep performances good for everyone. Starting from next week, all the "old" QSOs will be deleted from the main database (database 1).
Note that the statistics results and charts will NOT be deleted, only the QSOs. You can import your log again any time you need, there is no limit on log size or containers.
If you'd like to keep your logs online longer than 60 days, please think about a donation to help covering the server rental costs. As a reward, any user donating more than 10 USD per year will have his account moved to another database with no "time" limit for log "archiving".

Yan - XV4Y.
---
http://xv4y.radioclub.asia/
WP2XX

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 07:55:04 AM »

Yan,

Thank you for your effort! This will be an invaluable tool for me moving forward.

Cheers from USVI!

Bob WP2XX
XV4TUJ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your kind comment.
I hope to meet you soon on the air since I am still missing your DXCC.

73 es GL,
Yan - XV4Y.
XV4TUJ

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 05:11:44 PM »

This e-mail is a copy of an announcement targeted to the users who are still unable to receive my e-mails due to the anti-spam policy of their ISP.
---
Dear QScope users,

Ahead of CQ World Wide contest (CW part), Jim AD1C just released new country-files (cty.dat). This files have been uploaded to QScope this morning so you will have the latest information available to apply to your logs.

Since my last announce message, a few novelties have appeared in the application (currently running version is 2.22):
- First, QScope is now able to generate KML/KMZ files with a list of DXCCs or Gridsquares (Maidenhead locators) you worked. This files can be used with Google Maps or Google Earth to plot a synthetic map of the countries or locators you worked during a contest. Here below an example for my 2013 log.
https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=http://www.qscope.org/charts/xv4y_11b4bea69ef248611c309b5f66741c78/xv4y2013/DXCC.kmz
- Second, there is an export feature that generates an ADIF v2 file from the QSOs you have in a container, after the filtering and post-processing you can have done on them.
- Third, several optimizations have been made on the web server to improve its reactiveness and reduce the chart drawing time. More improvements in this matter are planned soon.
- Fourth, a "progress bar" has been added during the Import and Modify steps and said operations are ran asynchronously. Computing time has not been reduced by this will help you waiting while the server is processing your logs.

Good DX, Good luck in CQ WW and enjoy using QScope!

Yan - XV4Y.
---
http://xv4y.radioclub.asia/
WP2XX

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 03:15:57 AM »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your kind comment.
I hope to meet you soon on the air since I am still missing your DXCC.
If you work CW, I will be on the air at KP2M this weekend for the contest. Hope to see you then!
XV4TUJ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 06:06:13 PM »

I will look for you, but my beam being down from the typhoon, the verticale may not be enough for the pile-up...
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 06:28:44 AM »

Yan, this program continues to be a very useful tool for evaluating my contesting strengths and weaknesses.  My biggest weakness was that I would keep a mental tally of my operating time and it's always less than the actual time.  QScope has shown me I need to stop doing that and now that my question was answered in another topic, it's full steam ahead (I hope hi hi).  This contest I spent some time at the clubhouse and doing other things so my operating time was substantially reduced.

One thing I noticed with QScope now was that it shows there were 2 operators when in fact it was just myself.  Is that something on your end or something in my ADIF log from N1MM??

73 Randy AJ7G
XV4TUJ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 10:27:34 PM »

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your feedback.
If your logs are imported directly from N1MM and you did all your QSOs with the same computer, there are no reasons 2 operators are showing up in the stats.
Next time that happen, please send me your logs.

If you "aggregated" two logs from 2 different sources, then one may have "AJ7G" as operator, the other one "" (no value). I have no solution for that, but I can add a "Modify Logs" feature to force the operator field to one value.

Yan - XV4Y.
XV4TUJ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 10:32:40 PM »

BTW, I have recently opened a Yahoo Groups for QScope.
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/qscope/

It may more convenient to have future discussions there.
I have nothing against eHam, but I'm not able to receive the notifications for new posts in this thread...

Yan - XV4Y.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: