Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ohio QSO Party Saturday 24 August  (Read 8405 times)
K3TN

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2013, 02:40:12 AM »

The Ohio QSO Party runs this Saturday from 1600z to 0400z. Exchange is just QSO number plus state if you are not in OH, QSO number and county if you are in OH.

There is always a lot of activity in this one, lots of mobile operations in all the OH counties. Full details can be found here.

73 John K3TN

John K3TN
KD4TVB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 07:23:32 AM »

The Ohio QSO Party runs this Saturday from 1600z to 0400z. Exchange is just QSO number plus state if you are not in OH, QSO number and county if you are in OH.

There is always a lot of activity in this one, lots of mobile operations in all the OH counties. Full details can be found here.

73 John K3TN

Hi John,

I am going to be active on ten meters for the contest.
I hope to work you and good luck.

Best 73,
Charles,
KD4TVB,
KD4TVB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 05:39:23 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I did not hear any Ohio QSO Party contesters on ten meters yesterday or today.
I heard several contesters on 40 meters all day Saturday working the Ohio QSO Party.
I did work 10 stations today on ten meters with the CVA contest starting.
Most of the stations on ten today where from South America.
I did a video of some of the OHIO QSO Party contesters on 40 meters.
Search KD4TVB or ncphotos on you tube in a few days and check them out.

Best 73,
Charles,
KD4TVB,
ncphotos@gmail.com,
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 05:57:43 PM »

Here in Ohio, 10 and 15m were essentially dead domestically.  20 was  in decent shape and we made more contacts there than any band.  40  was fair to poor, especially as  the afternoon progressed and absorption increased. Found myself  going more and more to 80, for  the few contacts and county multipliers, since 40 was both QRNy and spotty at best.

2013 had the worst conditions Ive  experienced in  quite a few years, but our 4 man/ three station crew at WW8OH managed over 800 qsos mostly of the painfully slow variety. Every now and then a nice sig would come back but most  CQs went unanswered.

Thanks to all who hung in there.  One of these  years we will catch some  nice afternoon conditions on 40 again, and   ditto on 80 around sunset and beyond.

You never know when things will pop open, which is what keeps us coming back for more.
K3TN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 03:12:33 AM »

The weather was so good here in MD that I didn't get on much in the OHQP, but during the day I only managed to make 1 QSO on 20 - propagation to OH is usually marginal on 14mhz or higher unless there are perturbed conditions. Made a bunch on 40m, then got on once at night and made a few more on 40 and 80m - very nice activity levels as usual.

John K3TN
K8GU

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 07:35:03 AM »

Thanks for the QSO, John!  The WX was so good in Ohio that I was outside myself.
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 04:23:18 PM »

What WX?  I was holed up with my headset on all day and didn't get to look outside. Smiley
KD8IZZ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 08:42:28 AM »

I worked from Miami County and stuck to 40m.
It took a lot of effort to get 120 contacts, propogation was not good. I usually get more than 300, but that is using multiple bands but mostly 40 and 80m.
Lots of fun, I never miss this contest. Smiley
W3HKK

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »

Our club station WW8OH ( M-O M-S)  made about 700 qsos this year, down from 800 last year, so Id agree conditions were down.  Especially in the late afternoon on 40m. 

Cndx  usually favor 40 then 80 then 20 then 15.  in terms of max qsos and mults.

Not surprising since we are likely in the  peak year of the current sunspot cycle which tends to raise D layer loss during the afternoons.  But even the evening cndx weren't too good.
Peak rates were  early in the contest and around 6-7 pm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: