Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is with all the angst lately?  (Read 37026 times)
KE4JOY

Ignore
« on: August 23, 2013, 03:27:15 PM »

Maybe I am just now noticing this but it seems like there has been a marked increase in angst in these forums lately.

The thread police, the rather strong opinions, and downright bickering.

It is a place where we come to get and share information right?
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 04:59:30 AM »

It seems like there are times when the angst pops up--somewhat like solar cycles, but not on a regular basis.  It just looks like this is one of the 'peak' times!  73!
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 05:16:24 AM »

Maybe I am just now noticing this but it seems like there has been a marked increase in angst in these forums lately.

Of course you notice these things - just look at your call sign.  Shocked

AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 05:29:27 AM »

We all get a bit crabby from time to time, and sometimes we let that show in the discussions.  But eham.net is VASTLY better than a lot of other online resources.  There is an air of friendly courtesy for the most part, and that's one of the many things I deeply enjoy about eham.net.  Nice people being helpful and friendly--99% of the time.  Wink
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 06:29:44 AM »

AND, it only takes 1% (actually, less than 1%) to REALLY screw things up for the rest of us!
KE4JOY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 12:51:24 PM »

Of course you notice these things - just look at your call sign.  Shocked

Former call sign, I enjoyed the novelty of it for several years but it flat wore me out on CW  Cool
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 05:46:46 AM »

AND, it only takes 1% (actually, less than 1%) to REALLY screw things up for the rest of us!

Agreed!!!
F8WBD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 10:25:02 AM »

Some newbie angsters practice here in order to be up to speed when they join the pros on the zed. I suggest they jump right in there and avoid e-ham.
HAMMYGUY

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 11:29:22 AM »

Most of the angst appears to be in the articles posted which have a lot of philosophical subjects (nostalgia etc) and the SDR forum.  We all enjoy the openness of eHam in allowing us to use persona's to keep some privacy.  I really enjoy not being bombarded by spam due to this policy.  Some will take that to an extreme to post venom in various articles. 

Then we have the SDR forum.  I personally think it's the wildest of all here and I enjoy it a lot.  While there are some very anti-Flex posters, the forum is loaded with information about various SDR radios out there.  The anti-Flexer's tend to keep it within eHam's policies overall.  But there are certainly some entertaining threads with the pokes going back and forth. 
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 12:09:21 PM »

Then we have the SDR forum.  I personally think it's the wildest of all here and I enjoy it a lot.  While there are some very anti-Flex posters, the forum is loaded with information about various SDR radios out there.  The anti-Flexer's tend to keep it within eHam's policies overall.  But there are certainly some entertaining threads with the pokes going back and forth. 

I enjoy the SDR forum too.  In fairness to the anti-Flexers, there are a couple of very venomous pro-Flexers too.   Smiley
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 07:42:59 PM »

And then there are those who have to comment in almost every thread started. Most of the time with derogatory comments and/or misinformation. Or be called names simply because someone is active or supports a function of ham radio that they do not.

And those that would comment negatively on this point are precisely the people this comment is about.
N5INP

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 05:45:03 AM »

Don't forget the Pro-Chinese/anti-Chinese cheap HT debates!  Those are my favs Cheesy

K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 06:41:50 AM »

the rather strong opinions, and downright bickering.

It is a place where we come to get and share information right?

Angst is good. eHam would be downright BORING if we all agreed on everything.

Yes eham is a place for information. Information that should show both sides of an issue.

Stan K9IUQ
AC9FM

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 09:08:05 AM »

I disagree with everything anybody said  Grin Grin Grin

But seriously, I love e-ham. There is soooo much information here and it is always the first place I go for information and product reviews.

Just got my license and have not even got on the air yet, so this is where I spend my free time.
I've learned a lot from you all and expect to continue to learn from my fellow ham's.

Ernie AC9FM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: