Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linux Update And IPV6  (Read 702 times)
AC5UP

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2013, 12:10:14 PM »

If you have this issue you won't be reading this post, but just in case you see this before it happens................

Was running Fedora 20 Beta 5 until this morning when it lost net connectivity. Could still see the router and my NAS box but web sites? Not so much. Chalked it up to the beta thing and used that as an excuse to load the latest new & exciting OpenSUSE v13.1 distribution. Same thing with SUSE after a routine install. I could see my router, NAS box and the OpenSUSE help site with a dot DE extension but any other web site?  NOGO.

After a few moments of contemplating my navel I realized that Fedora's surfability went toes up immediately after the last update. And, the first thing I did with SUSE was to run the updater. 53 items were installed. Odd that I could see the depositories clear the hell and gone in central Europe for that update, but eHam? Noooooooooooooo. Poked around in the setup utilities (and if there's one thing SUSE does well it's the config utils) to find IPV6 was turned on. My router doesn't speak IPV6 and I'm not too sure about my ISP in that regard so I turned off IPV6.

Rebooted and here I am.

If your Linux won't surf after you do an update, check the TCP/IP settings to see if IPV6 was auto-magically enabled. Disable, boot, see what happens.

Never change a password on a Friday                
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: