Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attn: Nashville area contester newbies!  (Read 9997 times)
WY7I

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2013, 04:31:23 PM »

I am setting up a contest station south of Nashville. Nothing major, but I expect to make a dent in the ether. If you are a budding DXer/Contester and are interested in CW and would like to assist an aging ham (well, not THAT aging) set up a contest station, this post is for you! I have about 5 acres of land in Brentwood, TN and for the nth time am setting up a station that will be competitive in CQWW, Sweepstakes, ARRL/DX, Stew Perry, etc. It occurred to me that perhaps my 50 years of knowledge would be of interest to a ham who would like to know how to go about this process, while at the same time assisting me with the work involved. We're talking 75' tower with a 4-el. Steppir, 2 El. 40 meter Optibeam, 160/80m inverted-L's, a K9AY receiving loop, Beverages, etc. for antennas, a K-3, Alpha '87a, Icom 756 Pro III, etc for gear, in other words--a full shack. I just need someone who would like to get into HF contesting and who would like to learn the ropes from me while assisting in the construction. The tower base is in and the antenna construction is beginning soon. If you are interested, please drop me a note right away detailing your goals and how you can help out. My email address is on this site.

Looking forward to some constructive fun!

Paul
WY7I/4
http://www.wy7i.com
KC7YE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 07:00:52 AM »

What a neat idea. Hope you do find a crew there, get "younger" ops into contesting. Contesting is growing and we are getting older.
WY7I

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 09:13:16 AM »

Corrected email address on this site.
paul@eezywriter.com

P.
AD5WB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 08:10:26 AM »

Wish you were in the Houston area!  Good luck.
WY7I

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 12:22:40 PM »

I don't! Too much competition!! Wink (Not to mention the heat) - P.
WY7I

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 01:06:27 PM »

Cry sorry folks  Cry
Project on hold while I deal with someone who anonymously turned me into the county code enforcement as "running a business". Yeah, right!

P.
NV9L

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 11:12:50 AM »

My brother lives in Brentwood, TN. Beautiful place. I would love to swing by for a visit next time I'm down there. Good luck with the community issues. I know K9CT had a heck of time with the folks in his town when setting up his contest station. The towns people all thought they were going to get cancer and that their pace makers would stop working.

Valerie ~ NV9L (Avid contester)
WY7I

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 07:02:45 AM »

Hi Valerie,
Looks like the county is going to leave me alone, but it has set me behind schedule. Looks like this year will not happen, so planning for next year's contest season.

Drop by in Brentwood, of course. Unfortunately, I work in Olympia, WA. so I am not here most of the time until I retire in 2015...but I am here a week per month, so check with me on your next trip.

Meantime, all you Nashville contesters, I am back to looking for an up-and-coming contester who would like to work with me to build out the station!

Pablo
WY7I
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: