Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ Magazine  (Read 161301 times)
WA2ONH

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2014, 01:37:10 PM »

Saturday afternoon, April 19th and the Postman has just put the

Printed edition of CQ for March / April, 2014 in my mailbox!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:39:40 PM by WA2ONH » Logged

73 de WA2ONH dit dit    ...Charlie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No time is ever wasted that is spent LEARNING something!"
KR4BD

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2014, 05:06:08 PM »

Saturday afternoon, April 19th and the Postman has just put the

Printed edition of CQ for March / April, 2014 in my mailbox!!!

I'm still waiting for this issue to arrive in Kentucky.  Maybe Monday Huh?
KA4KOE

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2014, 07:03:10 AM »

Word gets out that you don't pay your authors, therefore you having trouble getting issues to print....its a domino effect. I agree....the magazine is gone within a year.
W4PC

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2014, 09:04:35 AM »

I got paid for my field day article back in Nov of 2010 and know Dick Ross personally. He is doing his best to stay in business and hams should support him, after all we're still in a slow economy.

Supporting CQ both with advertising dollars like we do with ham radio deluxe, and subscriptions, will help CQ continue to be the alternate to QST!

In other words, give CQ a second chance, please.

Many of you do not remember that 73 Magazine just vanished. Wayne Green didn't even give notice or even have a goodbye issue.
K2CBI

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2014, 02:08:43 PM »

I agree with W4PC.  It would be nice to have CQ stick around.  There is a blurb in the new issue to the effect that they are cleaning up their act.  They will extend all subscriptions to make up for the missed issues.

I, for one, am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt at present.

73, Mike
K2CBI
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2014, 06:07:07 AM »

If they start delivering on their promises, people probably will.  It's been at least twice now that they've said that their subscribers will again receive their regular deliveries.... starting with the next issue.  As it seems right now, this is the second time they're falling short.

Add to that their 'appointments' of two staff persons and the fanfare that those regular business appointments have gotten....  There was no need for the extra spending to make those announcements where supposedly they are having a hard time making ends meet.

Kinda reminds you of another company who should remain nameless, but shall always remain Radio Shack--who continually spends the money for the bullets--to shoot themselves in the foot!
N5PG

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2014, 05:20:39 PM »

Print edition March/April came today (North Texas).
KK4SIR

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2014, 06:15:34 PM »

March/April arrived 4/23, South Florida.
AD5X

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2014, 09:08:40 AM »

Well, I did get the CQ March/April combined issue yesterday (I've had the May QST for over a week).  The CQ March/April combined issue had the same number of pages as the December (single) issue - which came in January.  Never got the January issue, and the February issue was digital only.  My subscription is up at the end of the summer.  I'll renew if they can get it together by then.  We'll see.

Phil - AD5X
KB0XR

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2014, 05:47:28 AM »

I was subscribed to Pop Communications for years and years.  Now it is gone  itself and included in CQ.  I just received the Mar/April CQ and remember why I dropped CQ subscription years ago.  I have  no idea when the Pop Com subscription expires(Nothing on the mailing label) but I will not renew.
KF4XY

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2014, 04:52:24 PM »

Well I was dumb enough to subscribe in January 2014 and have not received anything except an email to tell me my digital copy was reay. I emailed asking for my money back and they have not replied at all. I guess I will just chalk this one up! Huh Huh
KR4BD

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2014, 08:02:43 PM »

CQ is supposed to have a booth at Dayton.  I am sure there will be lots of splainin' going on! 
WW8JD

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2014, 02:44:26 AM »

If CQ is having problems they should keep subscribers in the loop.  I for one would like to see them stay around.  However, I am not planning on renewing my subscription because they don't care.  They have done nothing but lie about problems.  I don't need that.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2014, 04:25:25 AM »

Looks like "Electric Radio" is going to be the only Real ham radio magazine left to be published in the U.S..
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2014, 02:39:03 PM »

I got paid for my field day article back in Nov of 2010 and know Dick Ross personally. He is doing his best to stay in business and hams should support him, after all we're still in a slow economy.

Supporting CQ both with advertising dollars like we do with ham radio deluxe, and subscriptions, will help CQ continue to be the alternate to QST!

In other words, give CQ a second chance, please.

Many of you do not remember that 73 Magazine just vanished. Wayne Green didn't even give notice or even have a goodbye issue.

I'm happy for you, in that you got paid.

I am a professional writer, and I write to pay my bills.  My wife's medications cost over 27 thousand a year... and insurance certainly doesn't cover it all. Even after meeting the donut hole leaves us with a major financial burden.  When I'm not reimbursed for my work, even after being promised numerous times that a check is in the mail, unfortunately causes me a lot personal pain. I've pretty much lost my faith in dealing with a few publications because of this.  Like many, I'm retired and on a fixed income.  My talent in this hobby has always been writing and editing. It has served me well, at least until recently.  Now, I've pretty much lost my faith in dealing with a few publications because of how I've been treated. Asking someone to donate time and skills is one thing, PROMISING payment for work and reneging is another thing. I would have been happy to do some free work, but being held under a whip to produce a monthly column is something different.

BTW, wasn't HRD one time free for download? I think HRD should remain free! After we are hams, and it is the good of the
hobby, right? Or is your time worth more than mine?  Just curious, since you have elected to avoid my PMs.

Pete
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 02:56:43 PM by K1ZJH » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: