Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you listening with?  (Read 12917 times)
N5XKG

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 10:09:00 AM »

I have a DX-392 (The DX-390 with the tape recorder) back at the home QTH that I used when there. It's an excellent receiver, but I'm having some of the tuning issues too so it may be time for a change of the pot. I also have one of the original Grundig FR-200 wind-up radios, which is actually pretty good IMHO.

I work in Bush Alaska 90% of the year, so I have been carrying a Grundig G3 Globe Traveller. I have had a few of the mechanical problems with the keypad that has been reported, but overall the rig is pretty good. It has SSB, so I can usually copy USB/LSB on most of the bands ok and CW (well, as best as I can copy, re-learning it after passing the 5 wpm 20 years back...). It's out of production now but they are making a follow-up. I use an indoor roll-up antenna most of the time (sometimes I can get it outdoors), so I get pretty good coverage of the Pacific SW stations. Radio Australia usually booms in most of the day, and I've been able to catch some of the more rare SW stations (Voice of Mongolia) on it.

I'm going to be getting either a FT-817 or a Ten-Tec R4040 (the YouKits radio) soon to get back on the air out here, so that will likely become my main SWL rig.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: